ATX Community

Unable to open any returns

Susan

Help...I have been a user of ATX for over 10 years. I'm not inexperienced.  I just updated to the latest version/download of ATX. All of a sudden I can not open any of my returns.  I can't open any completed returns that have been efiled and accepted. I cannot open returns that were in process/incomplete. The message I receive is:

The return you selected cannot be opened . Please restore a previous version of the return and try again.

This is crazy and ridiculous. I've rebooted my computer and tried everything I know but cannot open a single file.  I have over 200 files and none can be opened...any ideas? suggestions?  This is a major problem.  I've gone through the season so far with no problems and I can't believe this happened tonight. Susan

As a side, I don't update with the open program.  I go to ATX and download, then run the update.  I also close everything else.  I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.  It's just that these programs seem to be sensitive and too many things going on at the same time makes me nervous.

• Like 2

As a side, I don't update with the open program.  I go to ATX and download, then run the update.  I also close everything else.  I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.  It's just that these programs seem to be sensitive and too many things going on at the same time makes me nervous.

There must be other things in your network or on your computer going on.  My computer at home has so many different programs that I use and on any given day I will have 6-8 of them running in addition to ATX.  I have a peer to peer configuration at home with 4 computers using the program.

At the firm, 10 workstations, domain server/workstation.

Neither here or at the firm, we have not experienced anything like this since the "can't talk about it anymore" 2012 debacle.

Something else is going on in your system.

There must be other things in your network or on your computer going on.  My computer at home has so many different programs that I use and on any given day I will have 6-8 of them running in addition to ATX.  I have a peer to peer configuration at home with 4 computers using the program.

At the firm, 10 workstations, domain server/workstation.

Neither here or at the firm, we have not experienced anything like this since the "can't talk about it anymore" 2012 debacle.

Something else is going on in your system.

Jack, I'm not having problems.  I just play it safe with fewer things open at once.  I have a new system, no problems.  I do keep several programs open at once, say a webite, email, QB, others.  But within ATX, I like to keep it as simple as possible.

Jack, I'm not having problems.  I just play it safe with fewer things open at once.  I have a new system, no problems.  I do keep several programs open at once, say a webite, email, QB, others.  But within ATX, I like to keep it as simple as possible.

Well being a bit of a geek, I have many different things and usually a bunch of things going at the same time.  Once you try dual monitors, your computer usage life will never be the same.

Like you, no major issues this year.