ATX Community

E-file service unavailable???

gfizer

I filed an extension almost an hour ago and haven't received the ack yet.  Maybe that is the reason, but I didn't receive any message.

I did get an email from Drake this a.m. warning that the e-file processing of acks would take longer than usual because of the heavy last day volume and to expect any acks to take more than an hour to be returned back to preparers. That is to be expected and one of the many reasons I try not to wait until the final day to send anything in.

• Like 1

This one won't even transmit.  I transmitted an extension with no problem so I am beginning to think it is just something with this particular return.  It has a PDF attachment of a brokerage statement.  I may try removing the attachment and see what happens.  Getting desperate at this point.  I want to go home!

I filed an extension almost an hour ago and haven't received the ack yet.  Maybe that is the reason, but I didn't receive any message.

I did get an email from Drake this a.m. warning that the e-file processing of acks would take longer than usual because of the heavy last day volume and to expect any acks to take more than an hour to be returned back to preparers. That is to be expected and one of the many reasons I try not to wait until the final day to send anything in.

I try to have the bulk of my extensions filed by 4/10 for that very reason.  Any last-minute clients go past, of course.  And there are always a couple who actually get the returns filed after the extension but before 4/15.  So my busiest time ends a couple of days before 4/15, usually.

• Like 1

I try to have the bulk of my extensions filed by 4/10 for that very reason.  Any last-minute clients go past, of course.  And there are always a couple who actually get the returns filed after the extension but before 4/15.  So my busiest time ends a couple of days before 4/15, usually.

Yes, I do that too Catherine and got my couple of extensions finished up on the 11th. Do you recall my story about my client I called my boy-on-a-bike, the one that put his W-2 on my porch without telling me, that was out there much of the winter, and that I found after the season had ended?  Well, I heard him putting his W-2 in my drop box late yesterday afternoon, and he rode off too quickly before I could call out to him.  I had the return done about 2 minutes later, but had to get the extension.

• Like 1