ATX Community

Cash earning TP

ILLMAS

Nope, they have to give me their financial information in order to prepare the return. On the due diligences I check "Business Records".  Some people have spreadsheets, others Qbooks and some just numbers written on a piece of paper.  I am not a Auditor, it's not my job to do their books and make sure their numbers are the same as mine

• Like 4

Since I do mostly business returns plus personal returns for the business owners, I don't do these returns.

Last year I turned away my last one, a hair stylist with numbers written down on paper.

I had done her return the previous two years and I noticed that her net income perfectly hit the max EIC sweet spot.

I told her that the new documentation requirements created more risk than I was willing to assume.

Later, I heard from an acquaintance, that she is now happily preparing her own return on Turbo Tax.

I turned away parents of my kids' classmates. The wife once told me about their refund and how they didn't make estimated tax payments. I know their lifestyle cannot be supported by EIC level income. When she asked if I was taking new clients, I told her no. The kids get lots of grants to go to college, too. Don't get me started, this is rampant here.

• Like 5