ATX Community

Install Codes

Abby Normal

I was told by support that I need to enter all of my install codes during the installation. In the past I've always just entered one of the unlimited license code, but now I have a separate code for the included licenses and another code for the additional licenses I needed, plus the code for MAX and another for enhanced assets.

46 minutes ago, jmdaviscpa said:

I was told by support that I need to enter all of my install codes during the installation. In the past I've always just entered one of the unlimited license code, but now I have a separate code for the included licenses and another code for the additional licenses I needed, plus the code for MAX and another for enhanced assets.

I always entered all codes.  I had two voicemails from ATX telling me this. (2 different people, two different days...  some things never change)

I know it takes an additional 2-3 minutes to install all the codes, and I know how burdensome that can be. (s) (for those with no sense of humor)

• Like 1

Here is an excerpt from the ATX Blog (12/03/15):

During installation, you should only use the activation code for your ATX package (e.g. MAX).  A few customers’ shipping and confirmation documents may display a separate code for “concurrent licenses”.  Please disregard the concurrent license code if one appears on any of your fulfillment documents.  If you have previously installed and input this code, no action is required and ATX will install normally as long as the package code is also input.

• If you have purchased additional user licenses, those activation codes must be entered in the “Activation Codes” dialog box in order for those licenses to be available for use. A single code is provided for each license bundle you purchase and will be reused to enable the appropriate number of installations. Please refer to Program Help for more information about entering activation codes.
  • Some additional product features or modules like Enhanced Asset Management require a separate activation code. Simply enter those codes in the “Activation Codes” dialog box to activate that functionality.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, easytax said:

Here is an excerpt from the ATX Blog (12/03/15):

During installation, you should only use the activation code for your ATX package (e.g. MAX).  A few customers’ shipping and confirmation documents may display a separate code for “concurrent licenses”.  Please disregard the concurrent license code if one appears on any of your fulfillment documents.  If you have previously installed and input this code, no action is required and ATX will install normally as long as the package code is also input.

• If you have purchased additional user licenses, those activation codes must be entered in the “Activation Codes” dialog box in order for those licenses to be available for use. A single code is provided for each license bundle you purchase and will be reused to enable the appropriate number of installations. Please refer to Program Help for more information about entering activation codes.
  • Some additional product features or modules like Enhanced Asset Management require a separate activation code. Simply enter those codes in the “Activation Codes” dialog box to activate that functionality.

I had three voicemail messages from 3 different ATX employees saying that ALL codes must be entered.  This is one of the reasons why I have not installed anything yet. 

Déjà vu all over again...

21 hours ago, Jack from Ohio said:

This is one of the reasons why I have not installed anything yet. 

Same here Jack.  I like to wait awhile before installing.  In the past I only entered the one code.  Except they now have the Payroll as a separate program with a separate install code.

• Like 1

CCH  // ATX  is just going the way of government in general ------ confusion means they are not responsible for any incorrect things ---- you just mis-understood what was stated!

Before the blog and these postings, I had only entered the one code (still just one today) ---- and all seems to be working well.

Good season and a good holiday --- whatever you celebrate ---- MERRY CHRISTMAS !

• Like 1