ATX Community

ATX wants to use my comment

Janitor Bob

I made a favorable comment regarding ATX price and quality a year or two ago....ATX used it in CPA magazine, I believe. I just received an e-mail from ATX wanting my permission (waiver) for them to use the comment again on their next sales brochure. The waiver, in part, gives them completely unlimited ability to change the comment, both in detail, and/or meaning as they see fit.

I think not

They cannot answer our e-mail requests for tech support, but they can e-mail me for crap like this?!

I made a favorable comment regarding ATX price and quality a year or two ago....ATX used it in CPA magazine, I believe. I just received an e-mail from ATX wanting my permission (waiver) for them to use the comment again on their next sales brochure. The waiver, in part, gives them completely unlimited ability to change the comment, both in detail, and/or meaning as they see fit.

I think not

They cannot answer our e-mail requests for tech support, but they can e-mail me for crap like this?!

I agree 100000% J.B. Please tell them EXACTLY as you told us. Maybe they would then get the point!

I think not

Tell them they must be frikken bananas. lbb

I think not

I think you should generate an automatic response stating you will get back to them in 24 to 48 hours and then never get back to them. That is what they do.

CCH doesn't seem to have a problem finding my email address when they want to send their SPAM to me but can't find me to email me a rejection e-file that they can't seem to get to my ATX mailbox. Want to bet they won't have a problem finding my phone number when it's time to renew?

I certainly don't expect any such request on any of my comments. The last email I got from ATX was a few years ago (from that ATX pony tail guy) and was a threat to sue me for saying something about ATX that he didn't like. I don't understand it.. I'm a nice guy.

Don't think I dislike ATX software, I still have my 1992 program disc and all after. I can't remember, is there one older than that?

I am really surprised that they would have asked for permission again, wouldn't the permission carry over after the buyout? I mean, it was nice and all, but they already had your permission if the purchase assumed all the assets of the prior company. Otherwise, wouldn't they have to had to go back and relicense a lot of software too?

I am really surprised that they would have asked for permission again, wouldn't the permission carry over after the buyout? I mean, it was nice and all, but they already had your permission if the purchase assumed all the assets of the prior company. Otherwise, wouldn't they have to had to go back and relicense a lot of software too?

Possibly...but a few years ago..when they asked permission to use the favorable comment in CPA magazine, I re-worded their permission to state that they could use it ONLY in CPA magazine and ONLY in the exact form in which I submitted it.

This time, they want blanket permission to use it ANYWHERE ....and to be able to change it "both in form and/or meaning" as they see fit.

....I just sent them a copy/paste of the automated e-mail I received from Tech support...promising to respond in 48-72 hours. If Tech support ever responds to me, I will respond to sales.

JB - Maybe you could amend your response and say "I have several other friends whose satisfactiion I care about as well, so in addition to Tech Support responding to me, I would also request that TS respond to (list their names), and once I have received confirmation back that they have received satisfactory assistance, I will THEN respond to sales".

You wouldn't mind coordinating this would you? :-D

Can my name be first? I'll give you a banana! :dunno:

JB - Maybe you could amend your response and say "I have several other friends whose satisfactiion I care about as well, so in addition to Tech Support responding to me, I would also request that TS respond to (list their names), and once I have received confirmation back that they have received satisfactory assistance, I will THEN respond to sales".

You wouldn't mind coordinating this would you? :-D

Can my name be first? I'll give you a banana! :dunno:

But is it a frikken banana? He is very particular. I understand, I only REALLY like Fuji apples.