ATX Community

Need help on printing forms

GeorgeM

Whenever I print a return, I use only the preparer copy cause the duplex that they use is terrible, it only does the federal form and the state form prints on single pages.

My problem is that when I open the print return it always wants to print the error report, and the notes report.  Also a page from the 1040 EF.  I have gone into the 1040 EF master and cannot find any pages that are checked to print.  As far as the notes and error reports I cannot find the form to un check them.

Also where are the client letters, they are never check to print?

Any help will be appreciated thank you

Getting all the pages you want and just the pages you want is the hardest thing about ATX. You can tame the beast with Print Packets. It's a tedious process and the print packets don't have everything so you can only get it about 99%, but it makes it livable.

edit: I forgot to mention customizing master forms. I check a ton of boxes on the master forms to print certain pages.

• Like 1

I print everything, client and preparer, to .pdf.  I store the preparer copy digitally.  From the pdf, I can use my printer's duplex function the way I want.  I stopped printing paper copies for myself 5 years ago.

I also give my clients the option of a flash drive.  I have purchased a large number of 4GB flash drives for $4 each.  I just copy the client pdf to the flash drive and give it back to the client.  Most of my clients take advantage of this.  Saves me a ton of time and paper.  In addition, I can easily include the worksheets I want the client to see without making the "packet" I used to give them much larger.

• Like 3

I almost never review a return with the client. Very few ask for it. Some review it at home and call/email with questions. Some review it in the lobby and interrupt me if they have questions my office manager can't answer. I suspect that many never even open the envelope they pick up at the front desk.

Most of my clients still get a paper copy but I only print out the 'highlights'.

• Like 3