ATX Community

Printer not a choice for 2015 ATX program

Zukova

Today when I tried to print a tax return, "it" would not print.  It immediately switched to a PDF file which I could use as a "virtual" printer.  When I clicked on Returns menu and selected "change printer" no choices were given and no provision as made for adding a printer.  The only "choice" was the PDF virtual printer.  My printer always worked with the ATX program before, and I have NEVER added or selected this "virtual" printer as the default printer.  How do I return my HP Officejet 4632 printer to the ATX program as the default printer?

Jim

Edited by jklcpa
removed personal contact information from post

I am assuming you are using the old excellent OS Windows 7.

If you only have one printer installed (click start, devices and printers), install a second printer using the same output (wire or port) as the printer you had but this time install HP Officejet 4532 printer or something below the one you have.

You should check if you can print from other programs, if not, click to start, control panel, services, and stop and start the "print spooler" service and make sure it is set to automatically. Make sure you are admin while running this.

• Like 1