ATX Community

Dodged a bullet

BHoffman

Her dad just passed away.  She got a divorce in 2015.  Divorce agreement says Ex gets to claim the kid in 2015.  She is self employed and is going to qualify for a fat EITC.  Kid lives with her.  I just don't have any urge at all to ever prepare any return with Sch C and EITC.  She'll have to paper file because Ex is going to win the race to efile.  She can't pay me more than $80 to prepare the return much less any fee to deal with the bloody aftermath.  So, I sent an email and said I wasn't going to do her return this year and I'm sorry.

I am sorry for her, but this drama is too much.

57 minutes ago, Yardley CPA said:

Just wondering, are you not preparing the return because of the drama or potential drama, or because of the EITC/Schedule C issue?  Does the fee of only $80 play into it at all?  My questions are sincere, I'm not questioning your motive, just trying to understand it.   

Yes to all of the above.  Sincerely :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BHoffman said:
3 hours ago, BHoffman said:

She is self employed and is going to qualify for a fat EITC.  

She can't pay me more than $80 to prepare the return much less any fee to deal with the bloody aftermath.  

This does not add up?  She can afford to pay with that fat eitc check.

Tom
Newark, CA

• Like 2