ATX Community

When is your states TAX FREEDOM DAY?

easytax

In Ohio, it will be the day our Governor stops humiliating himself and steps down as a Presidential candidate.  His claims about what he had done in Ohio are far from completely factual.  He always leaves out the "how" he did what he did.

That said, our day will probably be the day AFTER the GOP convention.

First weekend of August in TN, I think.  They did it to coincide with our PITA 127 Yard Sale From Hell.  Hwy 127 is inundated with vendors selling inventory under the guise of a big yard sale.  Some businesses complained that this is a giant outdoor retail thing and they're not collecting sales tax, how can I compete?  And I don't blame them one bit.  Sure, there are a lot of actual yard sellers, but it's out of control, and I have to drive 15 miles thru it to get to work.  Which is the main reason it should go away. 

Sorry.  I may or may not have elaborated unnecessarily there.  :tinfoilhat:

• Like 2

"...the day on the calendar when a typical worker will have earned enough to meet their anticipated annual income tax obligations to federal, state and local governments."

You all are funny. It's usually sometime in April.

Rita, is that giant junk sale near you?!  I'd die, or have nightmares about it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jklcpa said:

Rita, is that giant junk sale near you?!  I'd die, or have nightmares about it.

Yes, OMG, yes.  It is so aggravating.  I drive 15 miles one way thru that thing.  People stroll across the highway likes it's a carnival on one little stretch there.  I can't believe nobody has been killed.  Accidentally.  Not talking about my clients now.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jklcpa said:

"...the day on the calendar when a typical worker will have earned enough to meet their anticipated annual income tax obligations to federal, state and local governments."

Well.  Apparently, I misunderstood the original question.  Crying.  :spaz:

• Like 2