ATX Community

Streamlining The 2016 Filing Season

Crank

Im looking for suggestions on these issues.

1.) Electronic document signing, especially for efile authorizations.

2.) Electronic payment systems.  Most pay by check and Id like to avoid that hassle with a non credit card based e-payment type system.

3). Encryption solutions for emailing sensitive documents.

Of course free or low cost solutions are preferred.

1.) I have the free license for CCH's eSign, but haven't used it yet.

2.) PayPal.  I have a link on the home page of my website.  Anyone can use it to pay me via credit card; PayPal account holders can pay via card or from their checking account.  (Also, I use mobile deposit with my business account, so depositing paper checks from clients is fast and easy.)

3.) I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat so have the ability to encrypt, just haven't done that yet.  I upload to FileShare that's included free with my CCH SiteBuilder web site.  Clients also upload to me.  In fact, that's how we handle most signature pages so far.  (I won't mention how much I pay for my web site to have that "free" simple portal.)  CCH has a more robust portal available, but FileShare works for me and my clientele.

1 & 3 sound expensive.  Checked the CCH website but no prices listed.

As for #2, I already deposit paper check via a mobile app but id like to not have to handle the paper at all.  Paypal takes a cut so Id like to avoid that.  There must be other was to send money without the fee.  Ill have to do some research.

If you can get something for nothing, I'd sure like to know how. 

For me, I use ITransact for all my credit/debit cards. It works within the TW program, is secure, easy, always pays immediately, emails me and emails the client with a receipt instantly. The cost is very reasonable for CCH users. In TW, I go to the pricelist and click a link that takes me securely to their website. It has paid for itself over and over, for not having to chase clients down. 

I pay for it, sure. But it's worth it to me, for ease, swiftness, security and confidence. Leaves the client with a professional finish. 

You have the option to suspend the service during the year to save money, but it's only about $5/month to keep it active. 

The eSign license is free.  You pay per use.  Not much if you don't need verified and a few bucks if you need verified.  (I bought some approvals when it first came out, so won't be buying any more for a while.  Don't know how much they are now.)

Check with your web site provider to see if they have a simple portal included or for a small additional fee.

I take all major credit cards via Intuit Merchant Services, because it dumps the info right into my QB.  As a ProAdvisor, I don't pay a monthly fee.  (Although, it gets charged sometimes so I have to phone to have it removed.  Watch your reports!)

On 12/4/2016 at 0:04 PM, Crank said:

Im looking for suggestions on these issues.

1.) Electronic document signing, especially for efile authorizations.

2.) Electronic payment systems.  Most pay by check and Id like to avoid that hassle with a non credit card based e-payment type system.

3). Encryption solutions for emailing sensitive documents.

Of course free or low cost solutions are preferred.

1.  CPAperless' product "Signature Flow" (although they've changed the name and I can't remember if that is the new or old name) only charges per signature; NO monthly fees.

2.  Most web sites will allow a PayPal link (client does not need a PayPal account).  Drake (my software) for 2016 tax year now accepts credit cards inside the returns with no monthly fee; again just a per-transaction.

3.  Adobe Acrobat but go to ebay and buy a license for Acrobat X (ten).  It's a couple of years old, works perfectly, and will be cheap due to age.  Get a registerable version.  Alternatives would be Nuance's Power PDF or pdf995.

• Like 1

Great suggestions.  Im looking at the following:

1. NitroCloud for Esign - free works well.

2. Google Wallet- for payments to an email address - looks promising but haven't tried it yet.  Free I believe.  I have Square for credit cards but nobody wants to use it.  I build the ~3% fee into the price maybe thats why.  LOL

3.  Crypttext - Chrome extension for encrypted emails - Seems to work well.  Also, provides a "read receipt".

Trying out the Chrome extension "Rmail for Gmail".  Suppose to give read receipts, encrypt and esign.  Cant get to work properly despite the glowing reviews.