ATX Community

Can I get a PR Tax Transcript on E-services?

BulldogTom

OK, so they made me sign up for the e-services website.  I want to go looking for the transcript of the taxpayer's 941 returns.  Can I do that on e-services or do I still have to call and wait on hold?

If so, how do I go about that process.  I tried on the individual and it only shows 1040 series tax returns.  I tried on the business and it only shows income tax returns.

Thanks to all of you for your patience with a website challenged member.

Tom
Newark, CA

I used to get a lot of 941's and 940 transcripts through e-services, but for some reason they don't support that any more.

So, you have to call in and are limited to 10 transcripts per call.  Fortunately, you and I are in CA and if you call PPL late in the day, the wait is only a few minutes.  Although that may change with the onslaught of the tax season.

I've never been able to utilized E-Services. Went through the process in November to activate AGAIN. In December I entered my authorization number they mailed me and I had access to the service.

Need it today - bam - doesn't recognize me at all and says I'm again not enrolled.

I'll never understand that thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

If you don't mind following up on this...How do you do that?

Tom
Newark, CA

I'll break it down since I'm not sure if you have used the e-services system before. 

When you log into IRS E-Services and then select your organization, you can get the Account Transcript by using the "Reporting Agent e-Services" or the "Transcript Delivery System" links on the left. Assuming you are using the "Transcript Delivery System, " you click that link, and for some reason the IRS makes you click that link again. Once you get to the "Transcript Delivery System" portal click "On-Line Transcript Request" under what you can do. Put in your CAF info on the next screen and select business. Then, it takes you to where you input Taxpayer Information. On this screen is where you will select "Account Transcript" in the Product Type drop-down.

Obviously, you will need a Form 8821 on file to pull the Account Transcripts or an 8655 if you are using the Reporting Agent section. 

Thanks Ryan,

I tried that and it only gave me the option to look for 1040 or Business returns(1120, 1065 etc.).  The taxpayer has not filed 1040 tax returns, but he tells me he has filed the 941's and the 940's.  I don't see an option to pull the PR return transcripts, which is what I am looking for.

If you don't mind, could you elaborate on where to find those transcripts?

Thanks for taking the time.  If I can get this from the website it will save me a ton of time.

Tom
Newark, CA

4 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

You guys were scaring me because we get a lot of 941 account transcripts. Glad to see we still can!

Bulldog, when I choose Account Transcript for a business client, the tax form list changes to 941, 1120, 940, Civil Penalty and 1120H. The 1120H is a drop down box that has tons of forms listed.

Thanks.  I must not have scrolled down.  I guess I just assumed that was all I could get.  Appreciate it.

Tom
Newark, CA

7 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

Thanks Ryan,

I tried that and it only gave me the option to look for 1040 or Business returns(1120, 1065 etc.).  The taxpayer has not filed 1040 tax returns, but he tells me he has filed the 941's and the 940's.  I don't see an option to pull the PR return transcripts, which is what I am looking for.

If you don't mind, could you elaborate on where to find those transcripts?

Thanks for taking the time.  If I can get this from the website it will save me a ton of time.

Tom
Newark, CA

Bulldog,

Did you figure out how to get the Account Transcripts? Saving a phone call with the IRS definitely saves some time and adds a few years back to your life haha.