ATX Community

CCH Profits

Lee B

"We delivered strong improvement in revenue, profit and cash flow," McKinstry said in summarizing the first half performance.

Profit of about $314 million represented an increase of 33 percent over the first half of 2016. Revenue for the most recently ended period of roughly $2.57 billion rose 6 percent over last year's corresponding period. The figures were up 4 percent in constant currencies and 2 percent organically. The company reported 3-percent organic growth in its Tax & Accounting and Legal & Regulatory operation."

It would appear that CCH has the cash flow to fix some of the problems at ATX, if they had the desire to do so ?

• Like 3

I wondered what type entity was CCH/Wolters Kluwer so looked it up.  As it is an international company it does have shareholders so perhaps, to please investors, profits were passed through to shareholders.  With the profit increase given the current status, why would they not just make the shareholders happy instead of the customers?  Isn't that sort of the capitalist way?  I'm thinking the figures cited above support whatever it is they are doing or not doing and our pleas to make our lives better as tax preparers are not as loud as the shareholder's voices.  Just guessing.

• Like 3

I checked out the stock's performance, it's an ADR that is up 33% since last November.  The dividend yield is 0.54% based on a price of $43.  It's PE is 20.7, so it looks like the shareholders were rewarded with a nice price increase, not a generous dividend.  Too pricey for me, but I would be a buyer at half the price (I have strict requirements).

Something happened the 3rd week of January where volume increased wildly, really wildly and price fluctuated up and down by about 2%.  Probably when people were relieved and partying like it was 2016, not 2012.

• Like 3