ATX Community

NT / Caller wants a 10W40

RitaB

I had someone walk up off the street (my office is in my home, not advertised except to my clients). Turns out all she wanted was a form that she couldn't get at the post office. I gladly printed the form to get her out of my office. She's actually a neighbor of sorts and I have had problems with her children stealing things, as well as the fact that I had done an amended return for her last year because a friend did her taxes on line and didn't file for the additional tax credit. She was insulted that I would charge my normal fee (even though I explained to her I basically had to do her return completely over). She paid me then hounded me for weeks until finally the refund showed up. (so can you guess why I was eager to get her on her way?)

She took the form, prepared her taxes, came back to my office asking for the address where to mail it, which I gave her, again just to get her to leave. Then she had the nerve to ask me to look it over and see if she had prepared it correctly!

This time I drew the line. I told her not without her paying my normal fee, as this is what I do for a living!

Some people leave me wondering. For example I wonder if she would work if her employer didn't pay her?

Just to add my 2cents worth.

Deb!

Then she had the nerve to ask me to look it over and see if she had prepared it correctly!

Don't people like this drive you nuts? I had a guy come in and ask me if the way HRB did his FRIEND'S return sounded right! I was thinking, OK, where's the TV camera, this has to be a joke. Then, I remembered, no, something like this happens every year, usually more than once.

On another note, is it me, or is there a lot of talk about death on the board this year? Haha

I had an elderly (legally blind) gentleman come in the office the other day asking about the rebate. He didn't have his SSA-1099 and wondered how to get it. I told him he needed to call teh social security office. He went across the street to the insurance office to talk to the lady that takes care of his business. She called us after calling the social security. She said they told her he needed a 104A and was very persistant that that was the form. She finally came ocross the street - it was a 1040A that she needed!

It would be so much easier to help someone that THINKS they know everything if they actually DID KNOW something!