ATX Community

Economic Stimulus E-file Glitch with ATX?

Chowdahead

I've got half dozen clients who owe tax and are filing now. They would like their economic stimulus payment direct deposited when it arrives in May or June. However, ATX claims they do not support direct deposit info being entered onto the E-file Info form if there is a tax due. The client will have to paper file the return and I would have to write the routing number and account number on the paper return.

Is this just because ATX doesn't want to bother patching the program or is it per IRS rules? To me this doesn't make sense, especially if we can now e-file returns with zero refund or liability for stimulus payments, and enter direct deposit info on those....

Would that be like telling the efile to do two things? If they want there rebate placed in their bank account why would they not give the account number for the tax due to be taken out of that account? I've got people that do not want the irs to have a bank account number.....I tell them that is silly because if IRS wants your bank account they can get it.....for what ever reason they need it.

Would that be like telling the efile to do two things? If they want there rebate placed in their bank account why would they not give the account number for the tax due to be taken out of that account? I've got people that do not want the irs to have a bank account number.....I tell them that is silly because if IRS wants your bank account they can get it.....for what ever reason they need it.

I have more and more people using Direct Debit as well as Direct Deposit and liking it. In their situations, the bank account info is entered. Often they have a refund on either Fed or State and owe the other so they like the offset and they like the idea of being able to choose the withdrawal date.

I've got half dozen clients who owe tax and are filing now. They would like their economic stimulus payment direct deposited when it arrives in May or June. However, ATX claims they do not support direct deposit info being entered onto the E-file Info form if there is a tax due. The client will have to paper file the return and I would have to write the routing number and account number on the paper return.

Is this just because ATX doesn't want to bother patching the program or is it per IRS rules? To me this doesn't make sense, especially if we can now e-file returns with zero refund or liability for stimulus payments, and enter direct deposit info on those....

You don't have to write the route number and account number on the return. Go to the data form where you ente age etc and can put numbers there