ATX Community

N/T - Forum PSA and slight rants

jklcpa

To new members and everyone:

#1 - We have a lot of new members this year, so welcome to the forum. We hope you find it helpful.

#2 - Lately I am moving many posts to their own topics. If a topic is fairly recent AND the original poster has received sufficient answers to have resolved their issue, feel free to post in that same topic.  If your question is not the same issue, please make a post of your own so as not to derail the original topic before the original poster has his or her answer.

#3 - Please don't revive posts that are many years old, or even from last year.  Again, start a new topic of your own.  We've had many law changes and some old topics shouldn't be relied, and also some members in older posts no longer visit the forum or have retired.

#4 - A few members pose the same question across multiple forums, and I saw one recently on 3 separate forums and that may have been on more that I don't visit!  I can't stop anyone from doing this and don't know how anyone else feels about this, but to me it seems somewhat disrespectful of members here that generously and patiently take time from their own work or family time to provide answers, and those that do answer may be unaware that the poster has already receive sufficient advice elsewhere to solve their problem and has already moved on.

#5 - If you are going to take time to answer, please try to be respectful and try to post a helpful answer, a link that leads to the information, etc. rather than some snark about having already answered elsewhere, or suggesting that the poster needs to take a course.  Please remember that your answer may also help others that are struggling with the same tax problem, program, or input issue, and there may be others that will learn something new and remember it in future.

#6 - If you have a problem with a post or poster, please use the report function and leave the moderating to me.  I receive an email directly for each report, and I check in frequently throughout the day as time allows.  If you type out some nasty snark, step back from the keyboard for a few minutes, then come back and rethink your reply and whether you would like to be on the receiving end, if that is how you would like to be treated by your peers, and if that is how you would respond in person.  I've been guilty of this and have to remind myself too when I'm short on patience, so please know that I'm not picking on anyone or any post in particular.

/end of rambling PSA

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

• jklcpa changed the title to N/T - Forum PSA and slight rants

Thank you Judy and I agree with ILLMAS, donations to pay for the server that host this site, the electricity it consumes, the programming hours and maintenance for this site, etc. are welcome. Thank you Eric for allowing us to get answers to our questions and to the moderators to keep this site as friendly, courteous and efficacious (Dr. Fauci's word) as possible. 

• Like 5