ATX Community

Large amount of 1099B trans 7 form 8949

Terry D EA

Client brought me a 1099 Consolitdated DIV today. There are nearly 30 pages of short term and long term transactions. The broker summary page only identifies total proceeds, cost basis and gain or loss. Is it safe to use "Various Trades" with various date acquired and a middle of the road sale date on the 8949? Then attach a pdf of the broker's statement to the return and form 8453. I would like to see if the broker would provide a .csv file which I could import in Drake. If I have to enter each transaction, I will be here for the rest of the week. Curious as to how others would or have handled this.

7 hours ago, Slippery Pencil said:

Broker's name, no dates, code "M", no pdf attachment, no 8453

Same, but I like to input on the Details tab because it's like a spreadsheet and it has totals. You'll want to set the Preference to not calculate when working in Detail tabs because, for some unknown reason, it calculates really slowing in Detail tabs. But saving recalculates so enter a line and save, then check that the gain is correct.

If there are wash sales, the code is MW, and multiple codes have to be alphabetical (BMOW). And, yes, I have used the BMOW code when a K1 sale is included on the 1099B.

• Like 6