ATX Community

I switched

GeorgeM

I switched form ATX and everything I have seen in the program I like.

In a way it is like ATX where you can enter on the forms. Some entries are easier than ATX and some a little different.

I love the Zip code entry so you don't have to type the city and state. It works on all the forms.

Also you can print only the forms you want by setting it up as a default.

The asset entry is so much easier than ATX, only a few entries, and all on one page no matter how many assets.

All employers and banks and Companies are kept and all you do is type the FED ID number and it brings it up.

Multiple states are a breeze compared to ATX, It calculates the NR returns from the W2 forms, all you have to do is enter the tax paid to NR states on the resident return to get the credit.

And the price says it all only $299.00 + $29 shiping and handling, not like CCH $79.95 to ship 2 CD's and one book.

I now have the 2007 version on my complter, and they have a automatic upgrade system, the downloads come in automatically when available, you don't have to go up and download them youself.

:spaz:

I switched form ATX and everything I have seen in the program I like.

In a way it is like ATX where you can enter on the forms. Some entries are easier than ATX and some a little different.

I love the Zip code entry so you don't have to type the city and state. It works on all the forms.

Also you can print only the forms you want by setting it up as a default.

The asset entry is so much easier than ATX, only a few entries, and all on one page no matter how many assets.

All employers and banks and Companies are kept and all you do is type the FED ID number and it brings it up.

Multiple states are a breeze compared to ATX, It calculates the NR returns from the W2 forms, all you have to do is enter the tax paid to NR states on the resident return to get the credit.

And the price says it all only $299.00 + $29 shiping and handling, not like CCH $79.95 to ship 2 CD's and one book.

I now have the 2007 version on my complter, and they have a automatic upgrade system, the downloads come in automatically when available, you don't have to go up and download them youself.

:spaz:

I switched too. I am inpressed with the way this program keeps you up to date. Painlessly.

I still have some questions but plan to call for help tomorrow. I also am scheduled for a telephone training session the middled of May.

Is your 2007 program an demo version or the full program? I am having trouble with some funcations with the demo.

Also I like the right click and zoom feature that gets larger fonts and forms.

I switched too. I am inpressed with the way this program keeps you up to date. Painlessly.

I still have some questions but plan to call for help tomorrow. I also am scheduled for a telephone training session the middled of May.

Is your 2007 program an demo version or the full program? I am having trouble with some funcations with the demo.

Also I like the right click and zoom feature that gets larger fonts and forms.

When I ordered the 2008 program they gave me the 2007 verison for free, to get a good feel and get my client base converted.

When I ordered the 2008 program they gave me the 2007 verison for free, to get a good feel and get my client base converted.

Hi George

How did you get your client base converted? Me too just switched and I was told that my client base will not be converted from ATX until I get and loaded the 2008 in Dec. By the way they will send me the 2007 CD.

Hi George

How did you get your client base converted? Me too just switched and I was told that my client base will not be converted from ATX until I get and loaded the 2008 in Dec. By the way they will send me the 2007 CD.

I asked for the 2007 version to try out and they gave me a working copy and offered to convert my 2006 client base. So I did and have been entering in some of the 2007 information to get used to the program.

I figure I have all summer so I may enter all my 2007 information in for the practice. I only do about 75 returns so its not too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi George

:rolleyes: I dont know how many 2007 returns you have. But to keep a head start on learning the software I would do as many 2007 returns on the program as you have time for. Especially choose different types of returns and do all the returns that have depreciation schdules. I understand that depreciation information does not always convert correctly. The learning advantage to doing this is invaluable. Good luck on your endeavor.

Looked at both TRX for $299 and TRX -TW (which is CCH's other product that gave us all the support headaches- TAXWISE). Neither has the depth that ATX has nor anywhere near the volume of forms that ATX has.

And I rarely (especially with this board) needed ATX support

So its ATX for me

I havn't finished testing out Drake or TRW, but it seems I will be going back to ATX. I have had two problems with ATX. The first being the assine (sp) log in for the support site. After 3 months, they finally made this computer illiterate computer person able to sign on without getting locked out. The second is shipping and handling costs, especially when they try to add sale tax to the shipping. You can't do that in California. This make me believe, they are trying to get every penny from us that they can. When you analyize it, it is just the large companies trying to get everything they can get to boost the bottom line. In these times, I guess, I can't blame them - but I do. I do intend on bring up this at the CSEA Reno, Nv seminar this week, where CCH small firms has a booth!

Sure you can add sales tax to the shipping in California. You're supposed to, if the shipping cost is not separated from "handling" and other phony surcharges you're charging your customer. Read the BOE booklet...I believe it explains that. If, on the other hand, you pass the exact amount on to the customer, sales tax doesn't apply.

I'm providing the link below; I edited the quotes for length.

http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/reg1628.pdf

Except .... in the case of a sale, whether by lease or otherwise, tax does not apply to “separately stated” charges for transportation of property...

Transportation charges will be regarded as “separately stated” only if they are separately set forth in the contract for sale or in a document reflecting that contract, issued contemporaneously with the sale, such as the retailer’s invoice. .... If a separately stated charge is made designated “postage and handling” or “shipping and handling”, only that portion of the charge which represents actual postage or actual shipment may be excluded from the measure of tax.

I havn't finished testing out Drake or TRW, but it seems I will be going back to ATX. I have had two problems with ATX. The first being the assine (sp) log in for the support site. After 3 months, they finally made this computer illiterate computer person able to sign on without getting locked out. The second is shipping and handling costs, especially when they try to add sale tax to the shipping. You can't do that in California. This make me believe, they are trying to get every penny from us that they can. When you analyize it, it is just the large companies trying to get everything they can get to boost the bottom line. In these times, I guess, I can't blame them - but I do. I do intend on bring up this at the CSEA Reno, Nv seminar this week, where CCH small firms has a booth!

If a separately stated charge is made designated “postage and handling” or “shipping and handling”, only that portion of the charge which represents actual postage or actual shipment may be excluded from the measure of tax.

I don't mean to a pita, but my brother put in 30 years with the BOE and this was one of his main complaints being a good buearocratic, he could not get them to nail us on shipping costs!

On my renewal quote, "ATX Standard Shipping - PRS, W2 and ZillionForms - $39.00"