ATX Community

IRS Phone Forums

Chrisbry

IRS Phone Forums -- Yes or No?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you utilize the IRS FREE Phone Forums?

• Yes
    • No

I'm curious as to how many on this board actually utilize the FREE phone forums conducted by the IRS.

The reason being is that I've seen questions asked regarding the use of E-services, E-filing, etc. that have been covered under the forums. It's 1 FREE CPE for 1 Hours of phone lecture and then question/answer period afterwards.

If you don't utilize the forums, could you explain why you don't? {I'm going to a Practioner's Liasion Meeting on May 7 and thought the information might be of interest to them}.

I have listened to a majority of them. They, for the most part, cover the topic fairly well. Though, some of the listeners' questions leave you wondering! I have not used the CPE, as a Ca CRTP, the process for credit does not seem available for CTEC.

I admit it, I'm not a good listener. If I have to absorb information over the phone, without being able to see it in front of me, it goes right over my head. I would have to be taking notes as fast as I could write to get any benefit from something like this.

I'm curious as to how many on this board actually utilize the FREE phone forums conducted by the IRS.

The reason being is that I've seen questions asked regarding the use of E-services, E-filing, etc. that have been covered under the forums. It's 1 FREE CPE for 1 Hours of phone lecture and then question/answer period afterwards.

If you don't utilize the forums, could you explain why you don't? {I'm going to a Practioner's Liasion Meeting on May 7 and thought the information might be of interest to them}.

I do a lot of them, not during tax season, though. And, Julie and everyone who hasn't tried them out, they email you materials before the forum. So, you can follow along on your computer, using a PowerPoint presentation or Adobe Acrobat, and/or print out the handouts and take any additional notes right on them. They save time for you to ask questions if you like. They are very valuable for free forums.

• 1 month later...

And, JKL, YOU don't have to answer any questions, but you can ASK questions and THEY, the panel of the day, will answer them for you. They will also get back to you if they don't have the answer right then. And, you have their e-mail addresses now for when you think of a question later. The programs are also archived, so you can go back at a more convenient time to read the transcripts which usually include the answers that weren't available at program time.