ATX Community

ATX = TAXWISE ????

bstaxes

I noticed on the "official" atx board that you can go to www.taxwise.com and log on using you atx logons. I did this and found my account info, my credit card info, and all of my e-files with client names and ssn. PRIVACY LAWS??? I am pissed at this. Sorry about my words. Why should taxwise have this info? I am not dealing with them. Where else is this info? I am not going to write any more in this message because I am tooooo mad and angry.

No need to be concerned.

There are plenty of people around who are certain that there's no intention of combining the two or of this magnanimous company trying to force anyone one way or the other. They keep reassuring us of that on a regular basis.

I'm sure this is all just a coincidence, aren't you?

No need to be concerned.

There are plenty of people around who are certain that there's no intention of combining the two or of this magnanimous company trying to force anyone one way or the other. They keep reassuring us of that on a regular basis.

I'm sure this is all just a coincidence, aren't you?

Pretty distressing stuff.!! What else will come out before the May 31 deadline for early renewal? Am beginning to wonder if I will use ANY program next year. Am finding it hard to focus on completing extensions.

The best way to complete extensions is to complete at least a few of them by trying out at least one other software package. Not necessarily the most complex ones, but at least a few that require the program to work a little. It adds to the variety and is a good way to keep your powder dry in case you need to get serious about making a change. That's how I came to change to ATX from Ultra Tax a couple of years ago.

I noticed on the "official" atx board that you can go to www.taxwise.com and log on using you atx logons. I did this and found my account info, my credit card info, and all of my e-files with client names and ssn. PRIVACY LAWS??? I am pissed at this. Sorry about my words. Why should taxwise have this info? I am not dealing with them. Where else is this info? I am not going to write any more in this message because I am tooooo mad and angry.

Where have you been for the last 2 years?

There's one company named CCH. It sells three software packages - prosystems fx, ATX, and Taxwise. When you log into the ATX or Taxwise site, it's all the same - CCH. There isn't a company named ATX or Taxwise.

Microsoft sells Word

CCH sells ATX

ATX is the stuff in your computer, CCH is the company that gets your check.

I logged in and all that I can see is my name and address. If I go to the Electonic Filing tab, I can see my EFIN. Where did you see your clients info? I guess I'm not too concerned about privacy, because they are owned by the same company. If they were giving this info to someone that is not related to CCH, then I would have a huge problem.

Where have you been for the last 2 years?

There's one company named CCH. It sells three software packages - prosystems fx, ATX, and Taxwise. When you log into the ATX or Taxwise site, it's all the same - CCH. There isn't a company named ATX or Taxwise.

Microsoft sells Word

CCH sells ATX

ATX is the stuff in your computer, CCH is the company that gets your check.

I agree that it is not a concern that my info is available on taxwise. Have logged in over there as sometimes the information was different, more complete and more current.

Now., would you be so kind to tell us who you are? Do you work for CCH, and if so it is OK. Would be nice to get someone from CCH let us know what is happening and calm the fears here.