ATX Community

cannot get 1095A

schirallicpa

Error code says this:Capture.PNG.ae99a44200d0c76e5d070d129812b37a.PNG

Client swears he's only had Medicare thru united health.  United Health shows only medicare.  Cannot find the 1095A that was supposed to be sent in Jan.  Cannot seem to get anywhere with United Health for pre-medicare information.  

Considered just putting in any ol number and waiting for IRS response.

So what's this binanry attachment that they speak of?

OMG - I just have to share this continued mess up by NYS

I tried to set up an account for my client.  When I put in my email address it told me I already had an account.  Hmmmm - interesting.  So I clicked on the button that said they would send me info regarding this account I already have.  

And it came back to me addressed to my client.  And they gave me the username.

When I went to log in again with the username they gave me - it was entirely someone else's information that I have never helped set up an account for that my email should in no way be associated with.  

So somehow NYS has mixed up me, my client, and a stranger into a big ball of NYS wax.  

• Sad 2

Some software now has a checkbox to automatically include an "ACA explanation" pdf.

P.S. The reject code also applies if any dependent had marketplace insurance (no matter who applied for it or received the 1095-A).  If this applies, the dependent's 1095-A must be obtained and reconciled on the return.

• Like 2

Had a client over 65 who the insurer somehow managed to sign up for the Marketplace for two months of 2022.  Insurer had to inform the Marketplace of the error and then the Marketplace voided the 1095-A.  Might try that approach.

Sidenote: the IRS records have not caught up to my client's voided 1095-A and I'm trying the "binary attachment" solution.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1