ATX Community

ATX MAX

EM EA

I used ATX before, and switched to Drake. However, I still likes form based software. Thinking switch back to ATX. 

I noticed the price for ATX is up so much on its website. The ATX Max is no longer unlimited individual and business return.  In addition, it has limitation on states, 3 states for ATX MAX.🤨  Can someone share information on your ATX package?  Do you still get 52 states and unlimited individual and business return?

All states, individual and business including payroll with unlimited e-file.   Getting price increases every year.  Still not terrible for the product you get.   Customer Support ain't what it used to be, but compared to other industries it is on par or slightly better, just not as sharp, attentive or quick as the team from Caribou used to be.

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 1

That doesn't sound like the MAX package of old, sounds like the ATX 1040 package, which I switched to last year and am sticking with it, even though I probably did not come out ahead, what with circa $65 for every 1041 and 1065, something like $34 for state returns other than the 3 I picked, and about $6 for every return (first 75 free).  But I am semi-retired, no longer doing corporate returns or any new clients.  With the May discount, ATX 1040 was $942.

• Like 3

Since you are coming back to ATX, don't get the package advertised on the website. Call them and tell them you are switching and what deals they can give you. I bet you they will give you lower prices and they might lock it for 5 years. 

There a few flavors of MAX and some of them include only 3 states but you should go for the bigger package which includes, all states and DC, etc. free efiling for current year, payroll and other less important pieces.

• Like 2

My package is unlimited efile; all states and three licenses as per usual.  Something a little different on payroll, but I only do a few 1099s.  Yes, price went up, but so did Drake and probably every other program.  I have always been happy with ATX MAX and no reason to change my mind now.

• Like 3