ATX Community

QuickBooks

Tracy Lee

I have been working in Quickbooks since 2006 and I am currently still using the desktop version and like it, but it has become to expensive for my small business clients and Quickbook online is nothing but a problem!  Does anyone have a downloadable software program that does double entry, invoicing... and is affordable and is NOT cloud based they can recommend?

Medlin has a solid accounting program  at a very reasonable price: https://medlin.com/accounting-software.html

Medlin also has a separate Receivable program that does invoicing:  https://medlin.com/accounts-receivable-software.html

I have reviewed all the documentation for the accounting program three different times. and  it should do everything a small business would need.

I don't use it because my larger clients need departmental accounting which it won't do.

I have used Medlin's Payroll Software for 4 years now and I am very satisfied .

• Like 6

16 hours ago, ILLMAS said:

Why not raise your fees, restaurants in my area are charging 3.75% if you pay with a credit card.  

More accurately, a 3.75% discount if paying in cash. Merchant fees are not to be ignored. We ALL pay them, with a good bump in the last many years to "cover" the costs of the reward cards we all try to use. Then there is the cost of dealing with card user issues, which is now 100% DIRECTLY funded by the merchants. When someone questions a charge, the merchant has to "pay to play", so even for a $200 ticket, it is likely cheaper to accept the refund (which we all pay for in increased costs).

If your clients provide a GL, look at the rate their CC fees actually are (assuming accurate entry). Processors sell on the as low as 1.99% theme, but the reality is, for most small businesses, getting an annual actual cost even near 3% is the exception.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 5:45 PM, Lee B said:

Medlin has a solid accounting program  at a very reasonable price: https://medlin.com/accounting-software.html

Medlin also has a separate Receivable program that does invoicing:  https://medlin.com/accounts-receivable-software.html

Does Medlin have a Job Order subroutine?  If not, can this be achieved by Master vs. Subsidiary Accounts?

9 hours ago, Corduroy Frog said:

Does Medlin have a Job Order subroutine?  If not, can this be achieved by Master vs. Subsidiary Accounts?

I don't think so. Click on the link that I provided. It doesn't take that long to review the documentation and sample reports.

• Like 1

We do not offer job accounting/tracking.  The phone recording says you can contact us directly via email, or via an email form on our web ---

We stopped offering phone support in 2019.  This allows us to be fair, and efficient, with our support.  We stopped allowing voice mail messages in 2021, as many were not leaving their email information, customer ID, etc.  We stopped accepting text/SMS messages as well, for the same reasons, and because they are simply inefficient, as they do not contain any of the previous information.  We were also getting SMS messages such as "help", or "what is wrong", in other words, messages it is impossible to give a solution to.

Since at least 2010, the overwhelming majority support questions have been arriving via email.  When we get a stack of messages awaiting replies (such as overnight, waiting for a reply when we open for the day), it is not fair to bypass the queue and allow a phone caller to jump the line of those already waiting.

We have pondered offering paid support, but we run into the same issue of fairness.  We are not comfortable with someone having to wait longer because another person paid to jump the line.

Even on our most busiest days, Mondays and Fridays in September, December, and January, we are usually able to reply within an hour.  We strive to offer a usable reply/solution in our first reply, saving you from waiting longer to get back to work.  We also OFTEN reply outside of business hours, especially if the message contains complete information explaining the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 2