ATX Community

FINCEN BOI Webinar

Lee B

Thanks for the Guide. Just what I need: 57 pages! It's on my desktop to be handy. Hope someone does distill this for us.

I'm really leaning toward NO new tasks that don't improve my clients' tax situations. However, I need to know what to tell them or not tell them. Maybe a 2nd page in my engagement letter for those with Schedules C and entities.

By the way, do Schedules E & F count?

And, I've yet to contact my E&O carrier. Probably because I'm hoping they say NO.

23 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

Thanks for the Guide. Just what I need: 57 pages! It's on my desktop to be handy. Hope someone does distill this for us.

I'm really leaning toward NO new tasks that don't improve my clients' tax situations. However, I need to know what to tell them or not tell them. Maybe a 2nd page in my engagement letter for those with Schedules C and entities.

By the way, do Schedules E & F count?

And, I've yet to contact my E&O carrier. Probably because I'm hoping they say NO.

It's pretty easy reading.  I got through it in around an hour. 

See chart on page 2. The form they file doesn't matter so much as if the C, E or F business is a LLC. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lion EA said:

It is actually a well written document with a table of contents, chapter summaries, checklist, flowcharts and examples.

About 30 minutes to get a good grasp.

8 hours ago, kathyc2 said:

See chart on page 2. The form they file doesn't matter so much as if the C, E or F business is a LLC. 

Or corporation or entity registered with Sec. Of State (page 2) unless exceptions are met (page 4).

One takeaway is the filing deadlines:

"If your company already exists as of January 1, 2024, it must file its initial BOI report by January 1, 2025. If your company is created or registered to do business in the United States on or after January 1, 2024, and before January 1, 2025,..."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lion EA said:

The E&O carriers and AICPA are currently backing away with concerns the reporting might be seen as a legal matter, but I think that might change once the dust settles.  

For my existing clients I refer them to the Jan 2024 vs 2005 reporting requirements.

• Like 1