ATX Community

ATX Communuity Access

taxit

Is anyone else having any problem getting to this community? At my home computer I have no problem. At my office I got on last Friday and haven't been able to get back on since. Thanks for any help!

What exactly do you get at your office? Is it a note saying the community has moved?

I've been having random problems, too. I have Chit Chat as a favorite which I click on every morning and leave as a tab. But sometimes when I refresh it, I get the message about Explorer not finding the page, etc. Then I may try again later and it works. On occasion I have retyped in the whole url also with mixed success. I just keep on trying!

I've been having random problems, too. I have Chit Chat as a favorite which I click on every morning and leave as a tab. But sometimes when I refresh it, I get the message about Explorer not finding the page, etc. Then I may try again later and it works. On occasion I have retyped in the whole url also with mixed success. I just keep on trying!

It appears that my domain registrar continues to have problems. I have never had problems like this, and I'm tired of dealing with this company, so I'm going to change nameservers until I am able to transfer my domains to a new registrar.

It takes up to 48 hours for these changes to propagate throughout the internet. Once propagation is complete, the problems should go away.

(I don't expect any downtime)

It appears that my domain registrar continues to have problems. I have never had problems like this, and I'm tired of dealing with this company, so I'm going to change nameservers until I am able to transfer my domains to a new registrar.

It takes up to 48 hours for these changes to propagate throughout the internet. Once propagation is complete, the problems should go away.

(I don't expect any downtime)

Thank you Erc,but I didn't mean to create more work for you.I will let you know if the problem is solved. Have a great day!

Thank you Erc,but I didn't mean to create more work for you.I will let you know if the problem is solved. Have a great day!

Oh no, it's my stinking domain registrar that's creating more work for me. And it looks like I was wrong about the down-time, sorry about that everyone. Hopefully this will be solved for good once DNS propagation completes this time around.

I had a delay with your move a few days back as you warned us, but once I was back on it seemed like everything was the same as always. Then yesterday (today?) I couldn't get to your site at all with my usual bookmarks, just a box telling me to check my typing. Now, I get home from a client's and the site is here again. Not saying this to complain, but just in case it gives you a clue when added to the experiences others reported to you.

Thank you very much for keeping us up and running, Eric.

Oh no, it's my stinking domain registrar that's creating more work for me. And it looks like I was wrong about the down-time, sorry about that everyone. Hopefully this will be solved for good once DNS propagation completes this time around.

I'm at my office and the community opened without a problem. Thank you!

I am having problems with the office computer:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Connection with home computer is working fine.

Well, if you check out the name servers, there is a big problem with ns712.websitewelcome.com and ns711.websitewelcome.com as if you try to switch servers during an nslookup between the two, they can't properly resolve each other and from then on you can't resolve anything.

*** ns711.websitewelcome.com can't find www.atxcommunity.com: No response from server

*** ns712.websitewelcome.com can't find www.atxcommunity.com: No response from server

Yes, I thought initially it was a typo when people were going to the site, but now I am leaning more with Erc that there is a problem with the name servers. Exactly what that problem is and how to fix it, I don't know, I just know I have never seen that behavior from a DNS server before.

Well, if you check out the name servers, there is a big problem with ns712.websitewelcome.com and ns711.websitewelcome.com as if you try to switch servers during an nslookup between the two, they can't properly resolve each other and from then on you can't resolve anything.

*** ns711.websitewelcome.com can't find www.atxcommunity.com: No response from server

*** ns712.websitewelcome.com can't find www.atxcommunity.com: No response from server

Yes, I thought initially it was a typo when people were going to the site, but now I am leaning more with Erc that there is a problem with the name servers. Exactly what that problem is and how to fix it, I don't know, I just know I have never seen that behavior from a DNS server before.

Yeah, that's what I thought was going on...

Ok, ya got me. I have no clue what you said up there, but it was very impressive and THANK YOU AND ERC for your diligence on this. This community is like coffee, only better, and it keeps me going at work. Really, thanks for all you guys are doing. We all appreciate it!

http://www.intodns.com/atxcommunity.com

I believe everything is working as it should be now. Of the three warnings that the above site lists, two of them are quite common, and the other doesn't really matter at this point. I will change the SOA expire time to 3 weeks instead of 5 though.

RCooper: Let me know if you still have trouble getting to the site from your office in another day or so. It can take these settings a while to reach everyone's ISP.