ATX Community

PPL picked up in less than 20 seconds....

BulldogTom

So I had an issue with a client that I needed to talk with IRS about.   Called the PPL expecting a 20-30 minute wait.   I was shocked at how quick it was.   The agent was on the line before I had my paperwork out of the file.   Issue resolved in 10 minutes.   I need to get a lottery ticket tonight.

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Wow!

I've tried to call several times for a trust issue; letter response call number X and use ID number Y. No one has picked up, in an hour and a half, any time I've tried. Yesterday I got disconnected after 47 minutes; my shortest call yet. Very, very frustrating.

• Sad 4

Today I waited 46 minutes on hold with PPL only to be told by someone that I could barely understand, that I was not authorized to receive this information after whoever it was had asked me for all of the taxpayer information.  My client is still waiting for his 2023 refund and we can't get any answers anywhere.  Huh???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, mcb39 said:

Today I waited 46 minutes on hold with PPL only to be told by someone that I could barely understand, that I was not authorized to receive this information after whoever it was had asked me for all of the taxpayer information.  My client is still waiting for his 2023 refund and we can't get any answers anywhere.  Huh???

Incidentally, I had already contacted the Taxpayer advocates in January.  So far Nothing.😪

4 minutes ago, mcb39 said:

It says that return is still being processed.

That means that the return has been selected for additional scrutiny by a live person.

Until the return is actually assigned to to someone, you won't be able to find out much if anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lee B said:

That means that the return has been selected for additional scrutiny by a live person.

Until the return is actually assigned to to someone, you won't be able to find out much if anything.

Been there, done that.  Also known as IRS purgatory.  IRS knows they have it but they don't know anything else.

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 2

I just held for an hour and 7 minutes.  After being given an ID number (in a very flat, disaffected tone), I was told I was being transferred to the 'correct department' (never had that one before).  Immediately back into the same queue (I'm certain) and back on hold, only to eventually be cut off.  This is INCREDIBLY frustrating.  

• Like 1
  • Angry 3

7 hours ago, jasdlm said:

I just held for an hour and 7 minutes.  After being given an ID number (in a very flat, disaffected tone), I was told I was being transferred to the 'correct department' (never had that one before).  Immediately back into the same queue (I'm certain) and back on hold, only to eventually be cut off.  This is INCREDIBLY frustrating.  

Yes, Exactly!

• Like 1

I ended up sending a letter for my case. we're now past the "response date" of the letter and I started mine out stating that I've been trying to get through from about a week before the response date. If the IRS never answers the phone, they cannot then say the t/p is SOL because they did not respond in time. 

• Sad 1