ATX Community

And Let The Nightmares Begin!

Tax Prep by Deb

Hopefully someone else has had this problem and knows what to do:

After installing my program this is what happened:

I tried to open the program and got this window: An update problem has caused incompatible file version to be installed and the program cannot continue until corrected. An update is available, click to update.

I did that and downloaded the current update, restarted the program, even restarted my computer and received the same message.

I uninstalled the program went on line, downloaded it from atx site, opened the program got the exact same message, clicked on update and it shows nothing available for update!

Not looking good!

Any suggestions?

Deb!

I just started program. All OK. Updated from web. All OK. Shut down and restarted program. All OK. Running Windows XP with SP3. I installed from the disk. I was told to be SURE that nothing was running in the background during the install. That includes virus protection (temporarily disable), screen savers and/or anything else that you have running automatically on startup. Also, defrag and run a scan before installation. Make sure your computer is fine tuned before any major installation. My friend and advisor is always adamant about these things. Taking a little extra time can save you headaches in the end.

I am having the same problem with the the "Update process".

Also when I go into E-file manager I get an error box:

"Message failed to load

The program is unable to continue because an error occurred while attempting to display a message.

Key: ServiceEnrollmentPrompt

Error: Object variable or With block variable not set."

I sent a message to "Customer Service" on 11/26/08 but have not heard back

Deb, I just got off the phone with ATX (no waiting!) and they were able to resolve the problem.

I my situation .Netframework2.0 was "broken" The tech rep was able to access my desktop and make analysis, fix .Netframework2.0 and get the program to run correctly. It only took about 15 minutes but was a very detailed process. It would be worth your time to call tech support and go through this process to determine if you also have a problem with .Netframework2.0.

This also fixed a problem that I was having with MS updates (SLE.tmp has encountered a problem).

The Netframework was my problem as well. I also was trying to install on a different folder than the default. My experience with David in Tech Support was outstanding. He slipped once and referred to TaxWise. When chided, he apologized and admitted that ATX was a good program. He also said the word is that it will not be dropped because there are so many very loyal customers!

That was what my problem was as well. Can you believe Margaret and I had exactly the same tech guy, David. He was outstanding and had the problem fixed within a very short period of time. Actually in our conversation I had told him that there was a KB document on the issue and that I had followed it's instruction but the file it told me to click on to did not exist on my computer.

He was unaware at the time of the bulletin, but pulled it up as we were installing the Netframework program from the CD. He said that he likewise tried to follow the instructions but it didn't show up on his computer either. He was very appreciative of the input because he says now maybe that can get at the source of the problem and get a fix going.

I have to say that so far this year the support is wonderful. I dreaded calling but when cred65 posted the wait time for customer support I decided to give it a try and was wonderfully suprised. I hope this continues!

Deb!