ATX Community

Minimum System Requirements

Dan

I am wondering if any of you are able to install the 2008 ATX software on a Windows XP Professional (SP1) (Service Pack 1)? That is the machine I have. When I read the minimum system requirements that they sent me it says the minimum system requirements are XP (SP2) (Service Pack 2), or Vista.

Those of you that have had success in installing the program, what operating system do you have?

Are you able to upgrade a SP1 to a SP2 without any conflicts?

Thanks for your early response.

There seems to be a split of opinion as to whether to upgarde to SP 3. It containes mostly the updates after SP2 so if keeping your computer up to date you'll not really benefit. A number of perions have has some issues with the computer freezing and doing other nasties. I had this happen on my office desktop and rolled back to SP2. On my laptop running XP2 the upgrade to SP3 went fine with no problems experienced after.

I have had no issues with SP3 on either my desktop or laptop.

Thanks for all that responded. How did you do the upgrade and what programs if any did not work after the upgrade? What hardware did not work?

I am not just talking about the ATX program.

For example, my old scanner does not work on a vista operating machine because we don't have a vista driver for it. I doubt I could get a driver for my old scanner.

Thanks for all that responded. How did you do the upgrade and what programs if any did not work after the upgrade? What hardware did not work?

I am not just talking about the ATX program.

For example, my old scanner does not work on a vista operating machine because we don't have a vista driver for it. I doubt I could get a driver for my old scanner.

Go to the web site for the scanner manufacturer, and they may have a driver for it.

If not search in google for drivers for scanners and you may find yours.

SP2 is an update to the operating system. It is considered a critical update. If you had your computer set for automatic updates you would have had it years ago. Just go to the microsoft website and download it. You shouldn't have any programs that don't run with it and most if not all should work better. Vista is a different operating system altogether and there have been compatibility problems with older programs.