ATX Community

TRX TO TAXWISE

GeorgeM

I talked with sales a few days ago and was told that the package (2007, 2008, passwords, ID number etc) kit will be mailed out starting on December 10.

A colleague said that he called and was told December 13. The ATX people already have received their 2008 software. I can't understand why we don't have a full working 2007 program already. Why do these people only give you a demo program to work with after you have already paid for the program. Why could not a functional 2007 program not be given to the users of their November meeting. I hope this is not indicative of the 2009 support that will be given next year. :wacko:

I hope this is not indicative of the 2009 support that will be given next year.

I'm starting to get worried. The lack of communication since the merger has been horrific and the lack of product coming out is scary.

Why on earth are we not all being shot an email with expected dates and software details? Hearing about what other people are being told privately when this stuff should be distributed to ALL clients isn't a good thing at all. It's all very similar to the customer service problems I had with ATX that made me look elsewhere to begin with.

This is exactly why I haven't renewed with anyone yet! I wait until the last moment and read the latest on the boards before I commit. I am lucky I don't have a bunch of early filers, I can even usually wait until people start efiling. I do have to commit to a year end payroll solution sometime very soon.

Roberts,

Did you not receive the letter from Doug Hughes in mid November? In it he out lined the procedure to issue the new software. Unfortunately he stated that we would be getting the software package the next week. When that did not happen, I called and was advised of the December 10 date I mentioned above. Apparently that has since slipped to the 13th according to Chief.

If you did not get the letter, I would contact TRX and check on your address and email.

Did you not receive the letter from Doug Hughes in mid November? In it he out lined the procedure to issue the new software. Unfortunately he stated that we would be getting the software package the next week. When that did not happen, I called and was advised of the December 10 date I mentioned above. Apparently that has since slipped to the 13th according to Chief. If you did not get the letter, I would contact TRX and check on your address and email.

I also had contacted TRX at the beginning of November, and they did verify my e-mail address, and said that they would be e-mailing the registration codes for 2007 that week. However, the only actual communication I have received from them since then is the weekly advertising postcard.

FWIW, I don't think that the TaxWise distribution to the IRS/TCE/VITA/AARP clients, due in late November, has occurred yet either.

Roberts,

Did you not receive the letter from Doug Hughes in mid November? In it he out lined the procedure to issue the new software. Unfortunately he stated that we would be getting the software package the next week. When that did not happen, I called and was advised of the December 10 date I mentioned above. Apparently that has since slipped to the 13th according to Chief.

If you did not get the letter, I would contact TRX and check on your address and email.

I received the letter but as was stated, basically everything in the letter were promises unfulfilled. If you are going to send out a letter like that, wouldn't you think they would be contacting us with updates and explanations when they fail to deliver? That's what it means to provide customer service. It shouldn't be my responsibility to contact them to find out why they failed.

They have failed to live up to every one of their promises thus far. The clock is ticking before I give up on them.

I received the letter but as was stated, basically everything in the letter were promises unfulfilled. If you are going to send out a letter like that, wouldn't you think they would be contacting us with updates and explanations when they fail to deliver? That's what it means to provide customer service. It shouldn't be my responsibility to contact them to find out why they failed.

They have failed to live up to every one of their promises thus far. The clock is ticking before I give up on them.

I think TRX is having to deal with the same support people at TaxWise the rest of the people have to deal with unfortunately. They were doing product conversions to TRX right up to the announcement by IntelliTax so I doubt they had much time to plan for the change. Though they were offering TaxWise for the 2008 tax year for a long time so the staff should be pretty well trained on the product at least. I think once you get past the administration problems between TRX and UTS it'll end up working out pretty good.