ATX Community

ATX customer/tech support vs acctg

JRS

I use the PRS version of ATX. After installing the 2008 program, I could not get the unlock codes nor access any ATX sites through the program. After waiting three days for an email response and continuing updates, it finally worked. Then I got an email response saying they could not understand why I could not get unlock codes since I had already activated 25 returns four days earlier! I replied I have only 15 returns and I just had activated them. Their reply was that I was incorrect and should fax a request for a refund from accounting. Accounting showed I had activated 15 returns at 8:15 am on the day the program finally worked and could not understand why tech support was different. I had them verify my client number and both departments said it was correct. What scares me, tax season hasn't even started and customer/ tech support is having problems. Hopefully, this is just a small glitch in the system. :scratch_head:

I have had minor problem, like activation code working, but the support staff has been great. Actually, I have never had a problem with the support staff, only, with types of problems beyond their control. Like no activation codes, shipping, features advertising and completely missing, at least for 2007 tax year.

It is MNSHO that you did not make a mistake. all will work.

I have faith in the program, just not in support. Sometimes, it is like dealing with the IRS. One person tells you one thing and on another call or email, someone else tells you something different. I was told there were no unlock codes available for earlier years. I emailed a problem with accessing My ATK, the tech read my email wrong and sent me unlock codes back to 2000.

When I received the new ATX software it would not download. This was the first time I had this problem since 1999. After doing some research I found that the software required XP (SP2). I had only (SP1) on my computer.

Therefore, I went to the microsoft.com web site and installed XP (SP3). Service Pack 3 (SP3) was the later update.

After installing (SP3), I still could not install the ATX software. When I called teck support about the problem, they were very good in providing me the steps in installing the software.

What I remember, Teck support had me click on my computer and then double click on the drive where the disk was located. The ATX software then downloaded without any problem. The program is working great and I have downloaded new updates a number of times in the program using either the automatic update or the manual update.

When I think of the support I receive from ATX in comparison to support I receive in regard to other software or hardware problems, there support is right at the top. Support for other software or hardware I can't hardly understand because the person speaking on the other line is in some other country.

I think ATX software and there support is one the best product out there.

I also have had a couple of problems that I had to call tech support for. There is a marked improvement over last year. They actually know something about our program. The first time I was up and running within 30 minutes. The second call turned out to be about 4 hrs plus a call back. I did get the call back and within 30 minutes we had the problem isolated. It was a network issue and it turned out to be my lap top that was causing the problem. This was the only year I wanted my lap top networked to ATX but for some reason it would not comply. So I gave up rather than spend hours trying to fix it, and now everything is working as it should.

Again, I feel ATX support has greatly improved. Of course the real test will be when they fire up the e-file servers!

Deb!