ATX Community

Editing my Signature

mcb39

Click on My Controls at the top of the page. Then look on the left side of the page, select 'edit signature', and you will get to the proper field to set up the sig as you want it to be. You can select size, color, etc. Add a quote, if you wish. Once you have it as you like, come back to the board, and you will see it changed everywhere.

Click on My Controls at the top of the page. Then look on the left side of the page, select 'edit signature', and you will get to the proper field to set up the sig as you want it to be. You can select size, color, etc. Add a quote, if you wish. Once you have it as you like, come back to the board, and you will see it changed everywhere.

Thanks KC...I am pretty sure that I tried all of those steps; but will try again. Mine just kept turning up with the change codes as well as the name. I won't give up though. That is for sure.

I tried again and it does not work for me. Am missing something. I wanted to enlarge, bold and italic it. All I get are the codes for those three items along with my name. When I return to the board, those same codes are there. And, yes, I did click on change my signature at the bottom of the page. I followed the steps normally used with a word processor, but, obviously I am missing something.

Well, when you edit the sig by using the buttons, it inserts the code, which you can see at that point, but should not see int he actual version. HOWEVER, if you accidental delete any part of the code, like the last ] for example, that will invalidate the 'code' and turn it into just text. Even adding a space in the wrong place can turn a 'code' into text.

Try deleting the entire thing, and starting over from scratch, typing the entire part you want before you add any codes, and be careful not to change anything after you add the code.

Well, when you edit the sig by using the buttons, it inserts the code, which you can see at that point, but should not see int he actual version. HOWEVER, if you accidental delete any part of the code, like the last ] for example, that will invalidate the 'code' and turn it into just text. Even adding a space in the wrong place can turn a 'code' into text.

Try deleting the entire thing, and starting over from scratch, typing the entire part you want before you add any codes, and be careful not to change anything after you add the code.

As you can see, I just followed your directions. And as Erc said, I did click on update my signature on the bottom. Here is the result.

In general, if you turn a code on with a word/phrase/formula, you then turn the code off at the end with a similar word and the / symbol in front of it as KC shows in her example.

Well, thanks to KC, I did something right. Still cannot get it bold or italic; but is no big deal. Just don't understand why it doesn't work like an ordinary word processor..... :scratch_head:

It does work like a word processor. You highlight the text to which you want to apply codes, and then click the buttons you want. I typed Just testing... and then highlighted the text and clicked the buttons for bold, italics, and underline. I guess if I'm going to do one for real, I should enlarge the font.