ATX Community

Happy Birthday, Mel and CajunSue

kcjenkins

Well, I don't know who objected, and don't really care enough to bother searching for their gripe. I don't care if a dozen people object. As long as the title makes it clear what the post is about, no one needs to read them unless they want to. And as a true 'community', I see them as part of the social purpose of this board.

Now, some few members don't care about the 'social' purpose, and that is fine, that does not hurt anyone. However, if their attitude is that no one else should get to share the social side of our community, just because they don't want to, that is wrong. We are a Community, not just a tax board. And I know that I, for one, have gained a lot from the social side. The prayers and kind words I got during last year were a tremendous help to me in getting through the days of not knowing if my husband was going to make it. And then the stress of trying to take care of him while also maintaining the entire client load almost entirely on my own. Some days I was so down, and then I'd go back and reread some of your prayers, and they gave me the strength to keep on keeping on. You will never know how much my friends here, most of whom I've never met, mean to me.

Please, Bill, go back to posting those birthday greetings!

Well, I don't know who objected, and don't really care enough to bother searching for their gripe. I don't care if a dozen people object. As long as the title makes it clear what the post is about, no one needs to read them unless they want to. And as a true 'community', I see them as part of the social purpose of this board.

Now, some few members don't care about the 'social' purpose, and that is fine, that does not hurt anyone. However, if their attitude is that no one else should get to share the social side of our community, just because they don't want to, that is wrong. We are a Community, not just a tax board. And I know that I, for one, have gained a lot from the social side. The prayers and kind words I got during last year were a tremendous help to me in getting through the days of not knowing if my husband was going to make it. And then the stress of trying to take care of him while also maintaining the entire client load almost entirely on my own. Some days I was so down, and then I'd go back and reread some of your prayers, and they gave me the strength to keep on keeping on. You will never know how much my friends here, most of whom I've never met, mean to me.

Please, Bill, go back to posting those birthday greetings!

KC....your words have summed up the truest meaning of Community and Thanksgiving that I have seen in a long time. And on this holiest of holy days. (Someone will probably object to that also). The thought of your despair brings tears to my eyes and you can be assured that many of us will never stop being here for each other in whichever capacity we can contribute. Peace.....and we are so grateful that your trials took a turn for the better. My husband just had surgery in early December and all has gone well, but, "There, but for the grace of God..........!"

Actually I did have a wonderful birthday... My boss at work bought everyone lunch, HR got me a cake and we all sat in the GM's office as they sung me Happy birthday. Hard to believe I am still the youngest guy in the office. Two and a half more days of work left and we are all done. I can't believe it, the 10 years have gone by so fast, but those 2 last years waiting for the end to come seemed to be the longest.

If this wasn't a 'community' I doubt I would have been here that long as I only seem to get to help on the occasional computer question nowadays if I haven't missed a chance to answer it due to the time difference between the mainland and here.