ATX Community

Importing W-2 from Peachtree 09

lydia33

When I try to import my W-2's, even after updating, it says it is not available yet. Anyone know when it will be available? I need to get several of these done before I get covered up with all the other stuff.

Can't you print W2's and 199's from Peachtree.

I havent used peachtree for a few years now but I always printed them from Peachtree

Can't you print W2's and 199's from Peachtree.

I havent used peachtree for a few years now but I always printed them from Peachtree

Yes, I was wondering about that, too. I also use Peachtree, and I print W-2's and 1099's using it. Is there some better way? Sometimes, I have to change alignments (especially that "x" marking the box for type of form - arrggh), but otherwise I think it's pretty smooth. Well, it does seem like upgrades slow things down, which is irritating... I don't upgrade very often, and that's one of the reasons. Thanks! Rita

I import from QB into ATX for one reason - ATX offers the Uni-Form layout for W-2 and 1099, whereas QB doesn't have that capability. Does Peachtree offer the Uni-Form? If not, then you might find it worthwhile to import into ATX, especially with clients who have lots of employees.

I import from QB into ATX for one reason - ATX offers the Uni-Form layout for W-2 and 1099, whereas QB doesn't have that capability. Does Peachtree offer the Uni-Form? If not, then you might find it worthwhile to import into ATX, especially with clients who have lots of employees.

What is the Uni-Form layout?

With a recent (to me) upgrade, I am able to view the W-2 info for an entire company, and make changes before printing.

I used to have to reprint sometimes cause I couldn't see the info before printing, and of course I didn't always catch things that needed correcting. THAT was frustrating. Is that what happens with QB?

The Uni-Form prints the entire W-2 on the front side, including the boilerplate info that is supposed to be on the back side of each year's W-2 form. It's specially aligned and perforated to accommodate the info, and has 3 copies of the W-2 plus a large-sized copy C with the boilerplate incorporated. By using the Uni-Form, you can buy several year's worth of W-2 form blanks and it doesn't matter what year you use them in. Most large companies and payroll services use the Uni-Form layout.

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.nelcosolutions.com/Products/pro...p;products2=yes

QB does allow you to preview the info before printing - in fact they encourage you to do that.

The Uni-Form prints the entire W-2 on the front side, including the boilerplate info that is supposed to be on the back side of each year's W-2 form. It's specially aligned and perforated to accommodate the info, and has 3 copies of the W-2 plus a large-sized copy C with the boilerplate incorporated. By using the Uni-Form, you can buy several year's worth of W-2 form blanks and it doesn't matter what year you use them in.

Peachtree prints four of same size W-2 for the EE copy. (I would like that large-sized copy C, too). New this year is the option to print the boilerplate info for the back. I had already purchased the perforated forms with the back side info preprinted, so I'll look at using PT to print that next time.

If I live that long. Good grief, I have been here five hours today and accomplished nothing. People are coming in and out, bringing four years of business tax returns, wanting to discuss world events, one planning for 2009, etc.

I have W-2's created in Peachtree. Is it possible somehow to file those directly with SSA.gov and bypass importing them to ATX? I see there is an option to pay $20.00 and have Peachtree do it, but I was wondering if the .txt file is already configures for SSA? I think I'll try it.

Carolyn