ATX Community

Payroll & check writing software

cientax

Who does payroll for their clients and also writes checks from their office to issue to the employees? I'm looking for check writing software for some of my clients.

I purchased one software last year but I think they went out of business or bankrupt or whatever, because they changed their phone numbers and the phone numbers they give now just hang up on me or the call terminates. I bought the software at Office Depot and the name is "Home Office & Small Business Check-Writing Suite" which works ok but there is no instructions and now, no tech support and cannot find the check stock needed. When I did call last year for help I was on the line for more than an hour with tech support. The program was fairly inexpensive, about $70 but no longer can use it. Name of the company is AVANQUEST but they don't answer and the call terminates.

I need a new check writing suite, can anyone recommend a decent program that I can purchase at one of the local office supply stores (not online)? Thanks.

We are very well associated with TaxCalcUSA and they offer paper products and write-up software. You should call Paul at TaxCalcUSA and tell him that Kyle from Virtual Managed Solutions referred you. Paul's telephone number is (603)893-8800. He is very friendly and if he cannot help you, could steer you in the right direction. Or, visit them online at http://www.TaxCalcUSA.com.

Do you use QuickBooks or a write-up software for bookkeeping anyway? See if something you already work with has a payroll module available.

I do use QB and the program I purchased is supposed to be compatible with QB and other programss but like I said, there are no instructions with the program I bought and no more tech support. I don't want to buy the QB because it is too expensive for only two clients per month.

I do payroll for three different companies and prepare the payroll checks for one of those. Like you I needed a simple program without a big investment. I have been using a program called TKT Payroll for about 5 years. It's very simple and supports as many companies as you want. I order my check stock from NEBS. You can find it on the net by doing a web search of the sofware name. It's sold by a company called TKT Enterprises and costs $11.95 for a download of the full version and $5.95 for the upgrade each year. It works great for what I do at a very affordable price.