ATX Community

TRXalliance

cientax

I requested a demo from TRXPro on 01/05 and still have not gotten that either. They keep sending me emails trying to get me to sign up. I've called them twice (Kathy Hughes - the one sending email) and left voice mails explaining why I got the demo - not to prepare taxes, but to better help our customers and she still sends me email.

I requested a demo from TRXPro on 01/05 and still have not gotten that either. They keep sending me emails trying to get me to sign up. I've called them twice (Kathy Hughes - the one sending email) and left voice mails explaining why I got the demo - not to prepare taxes, but to better help our customers and she still sends me email.

This was a big topic last year where most of us using ATX were receiving post cards from TRXALLIANCE offering "MORE" at lesser price than ATX or any other programs out there on the market, so we order the program but now have to wait for a confirmation # for them to ship. I've been on the phone most of the day and still nothing after paying almost $500 for the package. Wonder if I'll get my money's worth on this deal. Stock market, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered the $300 package last summer and of course got switched by our beloved CCH to TaxWise. I received the program sometime back, but don't like it. I bit the bullet and ordered ATX Max last week, but haven't gotten anything from them yet (they did charge my credit card though). The reason I changed from ATX to TRS was to get away from CCH. It didn't work.

I think Daune is using them this year. He is a member of the board.

You might want to PM him.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I used them last year and was very satisfied, however this year is a different situation. I left ATX and went to TRX to escape CCH, now they are back in the picture again, and I am not very happy. Have received the program, but have not installed it yet.

Daune

Last year I did go to TRX after 8 years of ATX because of CCH. But Then I made a rule

that wait until december to order the software. Then found out that CCH bought TRX hence

went back to ATX max because do not want to learn another software in a year.

So this year will stay with MAX and next year revisit other softwares and see which one

fits my needs.

B Jani

I ordered the demo cuz I was thinking of switching from ProSeries. It wouldn't install. They came in and did remote on my computer, it still wouldn't install. After the 4th or 5th attempt (by them) they finally figured out that it was incompatible with the SQL server that works with my payroll program. At that point they wanted to sell me their payroll. I stayed where I was.

I ordered the demo cuz I was thinking of switching from ProSeries. It wouldn't install. They came in and did remote on my computer, it still wouldn't install. After the 4th or 5th attempt (by them) they finally figured out that it was incompatible with the SQL server that works with my payroll program. At that point they wanted to sell me their payroll. I stayed where I was.

IntelliTax did have SQL problems. Though now that IntelliTax is dead (I think liberty still uses a form of it from years past) it should be OK. TRX offers a potentially cheaper way to get TaxWise if you want that, and recent posts indicate ATX too (but appears to have minimum # bank products.)

I would say support is questionable especially if you went ATX, but can it really be any worse than CCH? :)

Actually, this year, so far, the support seems to be greatly improved over last year, in terms of knowledge of the program.

That has also been my experience. They have had the knowledge and are able to help quicker. I was promised a call back and they actually did it. My experience so far this year equals what it was until last year.

Deb!