ATX Community

Technical Support / Customer Service

What have been your experiences with TRX Technical Support / Customer Service? How long are the wait times? How are the representatives?

I have been trying to call the 866-829-9777 number for the past ½ hour with no luck. All I get is a busy signal.

I have always had goodluck in calling TRX Tech Support. Once waited about 2 minutes but generally get someone right away.

I finally got a ring at 10:59AM, but was on hold until 11:31AM. This is fine, I understand that tax season is in full swing and wait times cannot be helped. I did get through though and spoke with Chris. I was trying to reach Doug, but he was not in the office. Chris gave his son Dustin the message to call me back. Now I wait :rolleyes:

I finally got a ring at 10:59AM, but was on hold until 11:31AM. This is fine, I understand that tax season is in full swing and wait times cannot be helped. I did get through though and spoke with Chris. I was trying to reach Doug, but he was not in the office. Chris gave his son Dustin the message to call me back. Now I wait :rolleyes:

You will all have to understand that TRX has a lot of new customers, and trying to understand jTaxWise Tax package is not easy. So the wait times for support will be long. Prior to the past 2 weeks I had good luck reaching support in no time. I also got good answers and very polite people.

I have not had to call within the last 2 days cause I already know a lot about TaxWise having tried it in the past, so I am lucky.

PS. I don't like the idea of their forum, CCH as you remember pulled the plug on us once, I won't let it happen again. I hope anyone with questions will come to this board. I know I will.

I don't like the idea of their forum, CCH as you remember pulled the plug on us once, I won't let it happen again. I hope anyone with questions will come to this board. I know I will.

Try this logic:

The TRX forum is to TaxWise as this forum is to ATX. Neither forum is owned or managed by CCH.

TRX is a reseller of TaxWise; they didn't write the code. As far as I know TaxWise doesn't have a user forum. And TRX has not sent out an e-mail to its customers announcing the existence of the forum, nor is it mentioned on their home page at https://www.trxprotwsupport.com/ I imagine that they're quite busy at this time and changing their web page is low on the priority list.

Don

I have had no luck in getting through to them for the last three days, all I get is a busy signal. Not sure what to do now/\.

Just signed up with them in October and have lots of questions. Sure glad my Clients don't start until the first of February.

Post your questions here maybe some of us can answer them for you.

Thanks for your advice. As a newbie I tried to log into the TaxWise University to get the feel of things. It said my login failed so I went into the Forgot password page and it said my Client Id (EFIN No.) and the Username (ADMIN) were invalid. Have tried all different names, capitals, lowerecase, dashes and no dashes.

I know my EFIN number is correct and a recent message fron TRX said to put in ADMIN in all capitals, so I am at a lost as to what to do.

Quintco,

In the letter you received from TRX announcing that "your software is on the way" is the information needed to log into the TaxWise site. In the lower right hand corner of one of the pages I received is a box with EFIN, Client Id and Registration code. Use the client ID, ADMIN and the long registration code as your password to log into the site. Once in you will be directed to change your password.

Good luck

Joel