ATX Community

Enrolled Agent???

taxguy057

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently i was sleep in mgkt class! lol! I have done flyers around town so we'll see what comes of it. I do offer mobile service where i'll go to client or meet at a starbucks or panera's so maybe that will be a niche i'll fill. most new clients come from referals, but just wanted to know if anyone had something they do different to approach the general public more...

One of the ways I used was to be a speaker about taxes for groups, ie Lions Clubs, Rotary, Optimist Clubs, etc. and church groups. I usually did this after the new tax law training was provided by IRS or EAs. Take the info learned there and present it to local groups. Usually developed some tax clients from this, not always that season but after a couple of times speaking for them. And they appreciate having someone that can provide a program for their members. Just a thought that worked for me as an EA.

One of the ways I used was to be a speaker about taxes for groups, ie Lions Clubs, Rotary, Optimist Clubs, etc. and church groups. I usually did this after the new tax law training was provided by IRS or EAs. Take the info learned there and present it to local groups. Usually developed some tax clients from this, not always that season but after a couple of times speaking for them. And they appreciate having someone that can provide a program for their members. Just a thought that worked for me as an EA.

Gret idea, but got to get this darn EA first.... :unsure: Thx tho! :rolleyes:

Very Good Dav! ur my inspiration now!!! :lol:

Thanks to all the grats. For sure, if I can pass it anyone can. ;) (Just get a study book, read it, understand it, do the questions, and review weak areas from the questions.) For the last test I spent 1 day reading 6 chapters of the "wise guys" book and did about 2 hours of the flash cards that you get with that. The trick is finding the time. Right now there is no time. Come April it's time for vacation. After that there's procrastination. That ends in around October, at which point you're trying to catch up with all the new tax law changes.