ATX Community

1065,1041 etc E-File

Teri2414

Okay, I think I figured this out. ATX (after an hour on hold) tells me to call IRS e Help desk. I tell them what's going on - cannot e-file business returns even though i did 2 yrs ago) and they tell me I'm only accepted for 1040 returns) I ask when did that happen seeing as 2 yrs ago i e-filed a couple 1065's..they say 'i don't know'. My opion...after IRS went to new system for business returns CCH did not follow for ATX customers..hence we get screwed becuase we're just small/home offiv=ce users and not huge corps

I had trouble with my own 1120S (the only business return I've tried as yet). I contacted support by email on 2/3, which was kicked to a higher level. IRS rep did tell me it was some sort of problem on the software providers part. I've yet to receive any further answer or resolution to the problem. I've already paper-filed the return. Very disappointing to say the least.

So anyone reading this - has anyone here been able to file a business return through ATX yet?

Okay, I think I figured this out. ATX (after an hour on hold) tells me to call IRS e Help desk. I tell them what's going on - cannot e-file business returns even though i did 2 yrs ago) and they tell me I'm only accepted for 1040 returns) I ask when did that happen seeing as 2 yrs ago i e-filed a couple 1065's..they say 'i don't know'. My opion...after IRS went to new system for business returns CCH did not follow for ATX customers..hence we get screwed becuase we're just small/home offiv=ce users and not huge corps

Teri....I went to e-services and updated my original application from 1995 to allow me to e-file other than 1040 returns. Last year all of my 1065s rejected for that reason and I ended up just paper filing. Finally found out why. If you have a password to e-services, go in, bring up your original ERO appl and update it. Hope this helps.