ATX Community

Problem installing additional states!

Tax Prep by Deb

Hopefully someone else has had this problem. When I first installed my program I only installed one state, California. Now I need to install another state. I tried to reinstall the program just like I did last year and I get to the point were I can choose my states, click on Oregon then ok and a box comes up that tells me: Please select which return types you would like installed for your state forms. I'm then given OK as the only option which I select and I'm right back were I started from. Either I am totally missing something or something is wrong.

Anyone else have this problem? How do you fix it? Any thought would be greatly appreciated!

Deb!

The easiest way I have found is when I update. In the update window, before I update, I click on preferences, check the state I want, then download the updates. The new state forms are available in the program when I need to add them to the return I am working on.

Why, not just add the forms you need as need for what ever states you use...My case. I always install Michigan, then as needed add the additional forms, I never uninstall the program and re-add the states. Basically when you choose a new return and select the return, the program auto downloads what you need.

This is how I do it. I install two states, then add other forms when and if needed.

I finally broke down and called customer support. It took me about three minutes to get to someone who very efficiently fixed my problem.

It seems it's much easier now day to add additional states. She had me open the program, go to the support tab, and at the very bottom in a selection that says add additional states. That's all it took!

Customer support is 10000000000% better this year. They are very knowledgable.!

Deb!