ATX Community

ATX grumble....mumble....

schirallicpa

I am so mad right now I could just explode. I received this morning - THIS MORNING - a rejection error on 2 NYS corp extentions. Oh - not just any old error.....an error with NO EXPLANATION! So I call ATX and sit on hold for 1/2 hour to be told - "Oh, we don't have an explanation for that error." UnFrickin' Believable! I don't think Paterson is going to back down on penalties when I tell NYS that we tried to file on time, but my lame software company doesn't know what happened. (Toss in the shoulder shrug.)

And - of course - one is a brand new client.

I am just beside myself.

To top it off, she (ATX) wants me to send the return/extension to them so they can see what is wrong and what to do. What good is that going to do me now? Let alone - don't we have some client privacy issues when I just send info off to someone in Georgia in a tech dept.

Oh - I am so mad.

Never, never again will I efile anything within 5 days of a deadline.

Thanks alot ATX.

I had this happen as well - called support - got immediately connected - helped me fix the problem. The issue was on the front page of the NY return (CT-3) the blue box for the state is now a pull down and the value cannot be NY, but must now be NEW YORK. See if taking care of this fixes your problem.

As long as your e-file was initially sent on time, it is considered timely filed, even if there was a rejection that you subsequently resolve.

I am so mad right now I could just explode. I received this morning - THIS MORNING - a rejection error on 2 NYS corp extentions. Oh - not just any old error.....an error with NO EXPLANATION! So I call ATX and sit on hold for 1/2 hour to be told - "Oh, we don't have an explanation for that error." UnFrickin' Believable! I don't think Paterson is going to back down on penalties when I tell NYS that we tried to file on time, but my lame software company doesn't know what happened. (Toss in the shoulder shrug.)

And - of course - one is a brand new client.

I am just beside myself.

To top it off, she (ATX) wants me to send the return/extension to them so they can see what is wrong and what to do. What good is that going to do me now? Let alone - don't we have some client privacy issues when I just send info off to someone in Georgia in a tech dept.

Oh - I am so mad.

Never, never again will I efile anything within 5 days of a deadline.

Thanks alot ATX.

HV Ken:

Thank you!

Why didn't ATX know this morning! I have cooled off a little since then. I guess I was just really ticked because it was efiled over the weekend and today I got the notice. Fed was accepted without any problem.

I had already efiled a number of corp returns, and they went thru fine. So I didn't think twice about efiling the extension.

thanks again

Curious - is this the rejection error you were seeing:

MEFNY04074

CT ELF Schema Validation Failure

?

HV Ken:

Thank you!

Why didn't ATX know this morning! I have cooled off a little since then. I guess I was just really ticked because it was efiled over the weekend and today I got the notice. Fed was accepted without any problem.

I had already efiled a number of corp returns, and they went thru fine. So I didn't think twice about efiling the extension.

thanks again

i just got another rejection - this one had the NEW YORK, so I called support. There is a new program version (not a form) released today that will fix this. So make sure you are current with your program update.

i called this morning and got the same info as Ken, now inorder to submit the late extension you must have version 15 which was unavailable this morning but i just updated now and it went through.

My style is to file extension on 10th march for all corporatation return pending. If complited then ok but not, then at least i have enough time to fix the things. As Ken said, needs to be full "New York" instead of "NY". This was on ATX website a week ago.