ATX Community

EFILE PAYMENT QUESTION

michaelmars

Can personal taxes on a 1040 be automatically debited from a business account?

i did have some corps that didn't have checking accounts pay their taxes using the shareholders personal accts but this is the oposite situation.

this is a NY individual who has no bank account and his boss wants to pay his taxes for him.

Can personal taxes on a 1040 be automatically debited from a business account?

i did have some corps that didn't have checking accounts pay their taxes using the shareholders personal accts but this is the oposite situation.

this is a NY individual who has no bank account and his boss wants to pay his taxes for him.

I believe the only thing the IRS is looking for is a proper routing number and proper account number. So if you supply correct information on the Efile Information Form, it should be pulled from the account without any problems.

I'm not suggesting that in this case it's proper to pay in this fashion (boss paying for his employee), but I don't think the IRS is scrutinizing the information you provide on the Efile information form....as long as the routing and account number are correct.

YEAH I COULD DO THAT BUT Its becomeing a timeing issue with the boss in florida and doesn't have a corp check with him and we are in ny.

if the efile direct debit won't work then the client will have to fedex down a check or something like that

thanks everyone

Don't forget that when you select direct debit you also have to enter a valid daytime phone number. I wonder if they ever call and check on these. So far I have never heard of anyone getting a call. I suppose that would happen if the money wasn't there when they go to get it. But then, who checks if the phone number actually belongs to the taxpayer. I, personally, don't think you would have a problem with your situation.