ATX Community

IE8

My auto update downloaded IE 8. I always do the custom install as I want to pick and choose what to install and know what it is. I looked online for pros and cons for IE 8 and have decided to wait awhile. Now how do I get rid of the downloaded update?

There should be a "temp" for "downloads" folder in your earlier IE directory where you will find the update. As long as it's not installed, just delete it. But IE may download it again next time your back is turned.

I've generally found IE to be stereotypical Microsoft bloat-ware, security-flaw-ridden garbage -- you could look into Firefox or Google Chrome for a more secure, stable browser. I usually use Firefox but have found that Chrome can work with IE-only sites where Firefox sometimes has trouble.

Catherine

I installed it even though I don't use IE. It's got somewhat better standards support than IE7 does, and as a web developer, that's all I care about. I may not use it, but the more IE users with the latest version of IE, the happier I am. Internet Explorer 6 is such a heap of crap, I wish it would just go away.

Of course, I would prefer that everyone ditch IE for Firefox or Chrome, or Opera, or Safari... but it wont happen. Many companies build websites that require IE (although fewer and fewer all the time)

Of course, I would prefer that everyone ditch IE for Firefox or Chrome, or Opera, or Safari... but it wont happen. Many companies build websites that require IE (although fewer and fewer all the time)

Been using Firefox since its first release and although I did download the latest IE I will onl use it on the very few sites the other browsers have difficulty with.

Also, I am considering looking at Safari. Does anyone else uyse Safari and if so what do you think of it?

Been using Firefox since its first release and although I did download the latest IE I will onl use it on the very few sites the other browsers have difficulty with.

Also, I am considering looking at Safari. Does anyone else uyse Safari and if so what do you think of it?

I have Safari installed, but I prefer Google Ghrome. Chrome uses Safari's rendering engine, so websites should function exactly the same way in both browsers. I believe Chome's got the best javascript performance of any browser, making javascript-heavy web applications much snappier to use.

Firefox just has so many extensions available that I can't imagine them missing from my browser.

Oh yeah, and IE6 is a heap of crap.