ATX Community

Billing options - anyone have an idea?

BulldogTom

I noticed this year I can choose to have my sch. D calculate by the number of items entered. I have been playing around with it, and it seems like this is an either or proposition. Either by item count or by the form, not both. I would really like to have it both, a fee for the form and additional amounts per line item. Anyone have a suggestion on how to make it happen. I tried customizing the master form and did not have any luck.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I noticed this year I can choose to have my sch. D calculate by the number of items entered. I have been playing around with it, and it seems like this is an either or proposition. Either by item count or by the form, not both. I would really like to have it both, a fee for the form and additional amounts per line item. Anyone have a suggestion on how to make it happen. I tried customizing the master form and did not have any luck.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Hi Tom --

I charge a set amount per Schedule D and then add an extra line item under the "Miscellaneous options" at the bottom. Something like "Excess Sch D transactions, 279 @ $1 ea" in the description and then the extra $$ in the amount column. It would also work to charge by line and then add the additional schedule charge below.

But I don't know of any way to do it automatically.

Thanks Catherine. That is what we have been doing, but it would be nice if the program did it automatically. I think I will modify the master invoice and add a line for the Schedule D with the form charge, and leave the default setting to charge per item. Then I will just have to click on that charge and it should add to the the invoice.

Tom

Lodi, CA