ATX Community

Federal ACKS

Joann

From ATX yesterday

IRS weekend Drain Cycle Schedule: The IRS will not start their normal 3 drains a day until Monday, January 18th. Below is the weekend drain cycle:

Friday, January 15, 2010: One drain at 11 AM Service Center Time

Saturday, January 16, 2010: One drain at 11 AM Service Center Time

Sunday, January 17, 2010: Two drains at 11 AM and 6 PM Service Center Time

Reminder: The IRS will not release their first acknowledgements until after the 11 AM drain on Sunday, January 17th

Monday, January 18, 2010: Normal drain cycle begins 11 AM, 6 PM and 2 AM Service Center Time

I always tell my clients that they may have a delay due to system problems. I NEVER give anyone a firm date to expect a refund or action on anything. (They still blame me, but at least I know that I warned them.)

From now on I'll just say "don't call me, I'll call you.... Literally, don't call!!" :mad: LOL!

Well, best thing is just to remind them that you have no control over the IRS processing, and so all you can give them is an ESTIMATE, at best. And I tend to be just a tiny bit pessimistic until I've had enough feedback to know how the season is flowing. Later, with more data, I can give an estimate with more comfort. Right now, I just remember a couple of years ago, when the IRS had major problems in the first two weeks.