ATX Community

E-filing of Business Returns

Booger

Morning, everybody. I've been e-filing individual returns for quite some time. This is the first year that

I'm attempting to e-file my corporate & partnership client returns. Here is what I'm running into, and I hope

that someone could offer some assistance.

Do I have to have an EIN? The error that I'm getting when attempting to create the e-file of an 1120S is:

1120/1120S EF Info Error--Error: If either the Preparer's Firm Name or EIN is entered, both must be entered

or both must be blank. NOTE: If Paid Preparer is also the ERO, enter the EIN from the Preparer Manager by

selecting the Preparer tab.

Also, the ERO portion of the 1120/1120S EF Info form is not being filled in (it IS when I prepare to e-file

individual returns). Is this also because I do not have an EIN? If the "fix" for this problem is to simply

file the SS-4 and have an EIN assigned to me, so be it.

Thanks in advance.

Booger

Morning, everybody. I've been e-filing individual returns for quite some time. This is the first year that

I'm attempting to e-file my corporate & partnership client returns. Here is what I'm running into, and I hope

that someone could offer some assistance.

Do I have to have an EIN? The error that I'm getting when attempting to create the e-file of an 1120S is:

1120/1120S EF Info Error--Error: If either the Preparer's Firm Name or EIN is entered, both must be entered

or both must be blank. NOTE: If Paid Preparer is also the ERO, enter the EIN from the Preparer Manager by

selecting the Preparer tab.

Also, the ERO portion of the 1120/1120S EF Info form is not being filled in (it IS when I prepare to e-file

individual returns). Is this also because I do not have an EIN? If the "fix" for this problem is to simply

file the SS-4 and have an EIN assigned to me, so be it.

Thanks in advance.

Booger

If you do NOT have a FEIN, then for this purpose your EIN is your SSN.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, NP

Kenner, LA

Is this one of those cases where you want to use your name, self-employed, and SS#, OR company name and FEIN, but not a mix of company with SS# ??

Here's what ATX Help said (and it worked). I had to go into Preparer Manager and uncheck the Preparer

Box, but leave the ERO box checked. Then, on the 1120/1120S E-File Info Sheet, the ERO info was populated

(with the Paid Preparer Box checked), and the Paid Preparer info was blank.

The E-file was created....still waiting for the acknowledgement.

Booger

PS Thanks for your responses.