ATX Community

when I cook bacon

jainen

Actually, your wife is correct. Sugar is used in curing most all bacons, and can make a difference in how the eggs behave. However, if you are cooking the eggs at the correct temp, it should not make them stick to the pan. Of course, how you are cooking the eggs could also make a difference. But try lowering the heat after you cook the bacon, eggs don't need much heat.

I also don't like the bacon messing up the skillet. Now I cook the bacon on the grill outside, top rack on low heat. I miss the bacon taste in the eggs, but now the house doesn't smell like bacon for a couple days. My wife likes this too cuz she doesn't have to cook the bacon anymore.

I cook it in a skillet, but I cook a pound at a time, then store it in a baggie in the fridge. Just like that expensive bacon you can buy that you just heat up in the microwave, but much cheaper. Then I use it as needed, and have the best of both worlds. Of course, I love the smell of bacon, better than any air freshener. Only things better are bread baking or choc chip cookies cooking!

:rolleyes: Seasoning a cast-iron pan has little to do with spices.....it involves heating it with grease until (like oil paint) it forms a hard, non-stick surface. And it does help a great deal. And the bacon leaves a sticky coating because it's not pure grease. The proteins and sugars in the bacon make the eggs stick, but also make them taste good. I just accept that as the price of bacon and eggs. Soak the pan for ten minutes before washing it with a mild soap and a plastic scrubby pad.

So the male response is to spice it up a bit, and the female response is to turn down the heat. It figgers.

I wouldn't know about such things since I have trouble fixing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Which is the correct slice of bread for the jelly or should both ingredients be mixed on the same slice?.

the bread is easy - my problem is when i use the same knife i end up with either peanut butter in the jelly jar, or vice versa....

My husband and I have differing view on this. He puts peanut butter on both slices and jelly in the middle. I think that only causes the jelly to squirt out. I put peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other. That way, the jelly kind of soaks a bit into the bread. I think I put the peanut butter on the "right" side!