ATX Community

New Forms Download

nynjtaxman

I just updated my program with the latest forms. One of the forms was the latest 1040. When I opened a return that I was working on, the TP name was missing, along with the SSN's and address info. Since some other forms in the return need a state code, their calc's were also wrong. The spouse name info was OK. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just went and checked the practice rollover return I had been using. All data except the secondary name was gone. Good thing I had not rolled over my entire client list yet. I was planning on doing that Monday.

Several years back, I tried to rollover my entire client list and eventually contacted support because it was taking so long. I was informed then, and have made it a practice since, to rollover just the return I will be working on. That makes sense, especially now, since updates seem to be a constant and continual thing.

I just went and checked the practice rollover return I had been using. All data except the secondary name was gone. Good thing I had not rolled over my entire client list yet. I was planning on doing that Monday.

It is usually much better NOT to roll over everything in advance, for a simple reason. When you rollover early, many returns will not have all the forms available yet. It will waste a lot of time asking you if you want them to continue to try to roll them over later. And you will still need to update them when you finally do start to do them.

If you wait, and roll them over as you need them, they will be up to date with the latest version of the forms, and you only have to deal with it once. And many of them will rollover faster, because by that time the forms will all be available to you.