ATX Community

Password Reset

GLENNVOL

I am attempting to reset my password on myatx.com. However, it is asking me for the answer to my Security Question although it does not remind me of what the question is. I have attempted calling customer support but can't get through. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the Security Question might be?

If it doesn't list a question, then you didn't set one.

You will not be able to reset your password yourself.

You will need to call support and since the number we know of is not working, you can Sales.

Although I'm not sure of the wait time at the moment, the number is 877-728-9776, per atxinc.com.

This has been very frustrating for me as well. In the first place, I use Firefox for my default internet browser and everytime I try to use support, I get a warning that I need to use IE6 or higher. I don't want to, but... But now I can't log on at all, and I can't see my "secret question" to reset my password. I know it is supposed to be secret, but I can't remember which sites have which secret question. I know that if I had the option to set a secret question when I first logged on to this, I did. So, since tech support lines are down, I thought I would just e-mail them and see if I couldn't get an answer by tomorrow. Well, as far as I can tell I can't email them until I can log on to tech support. This certainly is a more secure site - tech support shouldn't be bothered with clients much at all, if any. Not a happy camper with this today. :angry:

:angry:

I also am extremely frustrated with customer support and login procedures. I did login Monday (somehow!) but neglected to write down the new username and password and new client number. Now I can't get access to any form of customer support to get login info. Have been on hold now for 43 mins ! An improvement I guess since I couldn't even get on hold before. Without the atx community (on ATX's site) and with nonexistent customer support I am very worried.

I also am extremely frustrated with customer support and login procedures. I did login Monday (somehow!) but neglected to write down the new username and password and new client number. Now I can't get access to any form of customer support to get login info. Have been on hold now for 43 mins ! An improvement I guess since I couldn't even get on hold before. Without the atx community (on ATX's site) and with nonexistent customer support I am very worried.

I share your frustration. Got locked out of my account on the afternoon of the 31st and haven't been able to reach tech support by phone. They went home early that day and today was a total waste of time. I tried for 3 hours and finally hung up.

One reason MYATX.COM only supports IE6 or above is that it simplifies the coding. Another reason is that the software used for logon verification is only compatible with IE. The problem with the secret question not being displayed is (or was) being worked on.

One way for users to control this is during the initial login as admin (administrator) create another username with the admin privileges, record the info associated with this username and ONLY use it when your account is locked. With this second username (name it admin2 or whatever) you can reset any and all usernames to either the initial password (for admin) or to the username for all others.

RachelWV, I neglected to write down my new client ID also. I was able to find it by opening my program and going to the Support tab and clicking on About. The new client ID is there listed as the Client Number. I'm sorry, I can't help you with the new username and password though.

Have a Happy Tax Season!