ATX Community

proff of extension

ljwalters

I just had a client that is on extension tell me that he needs an acknowlegement from IRS that the extension was filed. This is for a loan company.

Does any one know what exactly they want. There is an acknowledgement giving acceptance date for the 8879 would that work and what form is it.

Linda and buddy

I just had a client that is on extension tell me that he needs an acknowlegement from IRS that the extension was filed. This is for a loan company.

Does any one know what exactly they want. There is an acknowledgement giving acceptance date for the 8879 would that work and what form is it.

Linda and buddy

The actual extension should be sufficient, if you e-filed the the extension I would write the day it was accepted by the IRS on top of the form. Or if it was mailed, just write down the day it was mailed.

MAS

The actual extension should be sufficient, if you e-filed the the extension I would write the day it was accepted by the IRS on top of the form. Or if it was mailed, just write down the day it was mailed.

MAS

I sent that already. The bank agent tells there is an actual form and the IS says there is not. When I tod the Bank agent what the IRS told me he still argued with me, so I told him to fax me a copy of the form he needs so I could find the form no. on it.

Linda and buddy

>> there is an actual form<<

In the old days the IRS used to mail back the second extension request marked "approved." Now that approval through October 15 is automatic they don't bother any more. Can you find a tactful way to suggest to the bank officer that if he is going to base loan decisions on IRS procedures he had better keep up to date?

On the other hand, I can't resist asking why your client is in such a big hurry to get the loan done before his tax return in the next two weeks? If I were the loan officer, I too would be very curious about documenting the matter.

If you e-filed (and this is another example of why you should always e-file) you can print the ACK. Otherwise, have the IRS fax a transcript showing what has been filed.