ATX Community

1040 Office Program

Lucho

It took a long time to get my program CD. To all of you who already got your tax program: Did you get the "User's Guide Book" this year as before or just the CD too? I did not get the little book this time. I hope that the 1040 Express answer and 1040 Klein Rock book did not come at this time because they are still in print. I ordered the 1040 Office which include thouse items. If you have any information for me, I will appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

This must have been one of their cost effectiveness measures - no little instruction guide this year. No one received it.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

I think this was so that people would take the training seminars ATX was putting on. Just another way to make more money. Saved on literature & made money on the classes.

Eli

I think this was so that people would take the training seminars ATX was putting on. Just another way to make more money. Saved on literature & made money on the classes.

Eli

Actually I had been told that some users would get a user guide. I'm not sure if max users are included or just total office users. I do know that if you have the 1040 programs you won't get one unless you purchase it separately.

What about the 1040 Kleinrock and 1040 Expreess Answers? Are they sending books or is just online?

Thank you again.

I think I need to know how to post. This is my second time. I don't want to use the whole screen for a post. If this takes lot of space please let me know the way to do it

What about the 1040 Kleinrock and 1040 Expreess Answers? Are they sending books or is just online?

Thank you again.

I think I need to know how to post. This is my second time. I don't want to use the whole screen for a post. If this takes lot of space please let me know the way to do it

There is still a 1040 book but I don't remember the name of it.

It would still come in the mail but I'm not sure which program have it.

I really didn't have much to do with Sales.

You should call the Sales department at ATX for this question.

I've posted this question before but am still puzzled by the answers I received, so thought I'd post again on this string concerning 1040 Office.

I was considering Total Tax Office, but after comparing features it seemed to me that Total Kleinrock Office (with Zillion Forms) coupled with 1040 Office was the better deal. That's what I bought the past two years, although I'm still on the fence about what to do this year. Total cost is a couple of hundred dollars less and I'm still not sure what I may be missing by buying this combo rather than Total Tax Office. Can anybody enlighten me?

I've posted this question before but am still puzzled by the answers I received, so thought I'd post again on this string concerning 1040 Office.

I was considering Total Tax Office, but after comparing features it seemed to me that Total Kleinrock Office (with Zillion Forms) coupled with 1040 Office was the better deal. That's what I bought the past two years, although I'm still on the fence about what to do this year. Total cost is a couple of hundred dollars less and I'm still not sure what I may be missing by buying this combo rather than Total Tax Office. Can anybody enlighten me?

Total Kleinrock Office and Total Tax Office are exactly the same as far as research is concerned.

The only difference is the tax program.

With TKO, you get Zillionforms and with TTO, you get MAX.

Since you were buying 1040 Office anyways, the difference would be no business forms.

Although you would have them in your Zillionforms but you wouldn't be able to do a return before the forms in Zillionforms don't link from form to form.

Basically, TTO is made for customers who would need MAX and the research.

Nicole:

Thanks for that explanation. I think I'm beginning to understand, although maybe I'm underrating MAX.

I do prepare 1120, 1120S, 941, W-2, etc in Zillion forms. I find that there is some linking in Zillion forms - for example when I prepare W-2 forms it will automatically calculate the 940 & W-3. But if I understand you correctly, I guess I could get more linking of ancillary forms when preparing corp returns if I used TTO with MAX - is that correct?.

This quesiton came up again with me when I noticed some people asking questions about W-2 forms, because with Zillion Forms I was preparing W-2 forms & related reports back in the last week of December.

Nicole:

Thanks for that explanation. I think I'm beginning to understand, although maybe I'm underrating MAX.

I do prepare 1120, 1120S, 941, W-2, etc in Zillion forms. I find that there is some linking in Zillion forms - for example when I prepare W-2 forms it will automatically calculate the 940 & W-3. But if I understand you correctly, I guess I could get more linking of ancillary forms when preparing corp returns if I used TTO with MAX - is that correct?.

This quesiton came up again with me when I noticed some people asking questions about W-2 forms, because with Zillion Forms I was preparing W-2 forms & related reports back in the last week of December.

W2 items link in Zillionforms, but not business returns.

If you are going to do corporate or partnership returns, you should use MAX.

Unless you are only doing a few, in which case you could purchase PRS returns.

It took a long time to get my program CD. To all of you who already got your tax program: Did you get the "User's Guide Book" this year as before or just the CD too? I did not get the little book this time. I hope that the 1040 Express answer and 1040 Klein Rock book did not come at this time because they are still in print. I ordered the 1040 Office which include thouse items. If you have any information for me, I will appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

I just called ATX inquiring about the reference materials, I was told they would be shipped this week.