ATX Community

From ATX Support

mcb39

Monday Weather Plan 5:25 AM EST

Our significant winter weather event is currently in progress. We will update the blogs, community boards and support sites on our support plans.

http://www.11alive.com/

Below is our contingency plan:

We are housing a core group of 50 Customer Care employees at a hotel within 2 miles of the office. We are evaluating the road conditions to determine what time we can safely get our employees to the office.

We will be conducting support electronically via email, chat and the community board, rather than turning the phones on. If we have enough employees that live close to the office make it to work, we will re-evaluate our phone decision.

We have added a Chat option on the left navigation panel on the support homepage. As soon as we get reps to the office and logged in, the chat option will automatically open. We are anticipating 8:00 - 8:30.

We are coordinating closely with our development teams to start delivering tax season updates and states. We may be a bit more conservative than normal during these releases if we have no phone support, but our plan is to get them delivered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Manuel

VP - Customer Relations

I think they're handling this situation very well. My daughter works for a company which faces almost identical challenges as ATX, and their contingency planning is usually very similar to what ATX is doing. I've always admired how they mobilize for the few snow days we experience in this part of the country.

I know it seems funny to you, but I see it as smart business. The situattion is radically different. 1) People who aren't familiar with the skills necessary for driving on snow and ice. 2) Not enough equipment to adequately clear the main roads. I've lived in both environments, and I'll gladly put up with the inconveniences caused by one or two snowstorms. I don't want government wasting money to maintain equipment that would only be used a couple of times a year, if that much. What we get in exchange is lower taxes and beautiful weather most of the time. Most of our snow will be melted by week's end and it will return to mild & sunny, while the New England states will still be shivering from the same storm, possibly for weeks. Pretty good trade-off IMO.

John is correct. Even though I have lived in WI most of my life, I still hate driving in a snowstorm; or even worse, freezing rain. I think it was extremely conscientious of ATX to make "any" arrangements to try to take care of us without risking lives on their part.

That said, we wouldn't trade our Summers with anyone.